|Address||Regina, SK S4P4V3
|Bathrooms (#)||1.5 bathrooms|
|For Rent By||Owner|
Broadway Terrace is a community of independent senior’s ages 55+ who maintain their active lifestyle with our support services. It is locally owned and operated by Eden Care Communities Inc. through the non-profit organization Broadway Terrace Inc. The 123 two-bedroom suites provide comfortable, quality accommodation to persons of all denominations and cultural backgrounds.
Broadway Terrace has been developed on a suburban site on Broadway Avenue in Regina, conveniently located in the established residential neighbourhood of Wascana Park, near the Saskatchewan Science Centre. It is across the street from the Broadway Shopping Centre and is close to the seniors’ Activity Centre on Winnipeg Street. The openness of the area, the surrounding residential houses and schools, and the orientation of the building, all help to maximize a great view of the city.
Eden Care Communities Inc. is a non-profit organization which operates Broadway Terrace, Milton Heights, Regina Lutheran Home and the Regina Lutheran Hospital Chaplaincy Program. It has adopted the Eden Alternative® philosophy. At Broadway Terrace, the governance Board of Directors is responsible for ensuring that the highest degree of professional management service is available. A Residents’ Association plays an active role at Broadway Terrace for such matters as social and recreation programming and resident concerns.
ARCHITECTURAL FEATURES (CONSTRUCTED IN 2004)
• 123 fully appointed two-bedroom suites (some with 1+1/2 bathrooms) in a variety of eight floor plans, ranging from 644-1036 square feet.
• Guest room is available to residents’ visitors for a nominal charge.
• Extensive multi-purpose amenity space has been designed within the building including a fitness room, games/craft/multipurpose room, puzzle room, library, family room/meeting room and an 11th floor lounge complete with fireplace, large-screen TV, shuffleboard, darts and pool table. Residents may reserve these spaces for family gatherings.
• In addition to the oversized in-suite storage rooms, secure individual storage lockers are available for seasonal storage.
• Structure is comprised of 11 storeys of concrete, masonry and other non-combustible materials, quality finishing and a high degree of acoustic privacy that is characteristic of non-combustible design.
• Secure access entry, three elevators, secured limited underground parking, a wash bay for residents’ cars and a workshop.
• The building design provides the best in fresh air, centrally controlled, hot water and baseboard heating.
• Hallways are positively pressurized and have automatic smoke and fire detection and alarm equipment.
• Amenities in the building are accessible to wheelchairs. Convertible bathroom tubs are fitted with grab bars for added safety.
• An optional state-of-the-art ‘personal emergency response system’.
• Sprinkler system in all suites.
• Professionally landscaped grounds. The landscape design is sensitive to the existing residential flavour of the surrounding neighbourhood.
• Private balcony on every suite.
• High quality standard carpet and finishes.
• Open-style kitchen with frost-free fridge, easy clean wall oven and cook top, dishwasher.
• Complimentary common laundry room on every floor.
• Licensed 15-bedroom Personal Care Home on-site staffed 24/7.
LIFE LEASE PROGRAM
The Life Lease model provides quality, market-style accommodation managed on
a not-for-profit basis. Residents do not purchase their suite as in a condominium. Instead, residents purchase a Life Lease on their suite. The amount required to purchase the Life Lease is referred to as the Entrance Fee. Upon termination of the Life Lease, Entrance Fees are refunded in full (no gain, no loss) less damages over and above normal wear and tear. There are no administrative deductions.
• The Life Lease may be terminated by the resident with three calendar months’ notice.
• The resident is not required to find the next buyer of the suite. Re-leasing of the Life Lease suite is the responsibility of Broadway Terrace Inc.. There are no deductions from the Entrance Fee for this service.
MONTHLY FEES PROVIDE:
• Heat, water & sewer, property taxes
• Appliance maintenance (fridge, stovetop, oven, dishwasher) and replacement as necessary
• Free laundry room on each floor
• Cycle painting and flooring, if needed
• Interior, exterior, grounds & maintenance
• Insurance on building (household items excluded; tenant package required)
• Debt service, i.e. mortgage
• All operational costs associated with common costs
• Vacancy reserves and marketing costs
• Capital replacement reserves
• 15 dining room meals per month (buffet-style) prepared by Red Seal Chef
• Weekly housekeeping
• Weekly linen service (bed sheets, pillowcases, towels and facecloths are provided)
• Wellness Centre and Health Education
• Spiritual Care
• Resident Services and Recreation Programs
• On call 24-hour Emergency Maintenance
• Monthly fee for a second person is available for an additional cost which includes their 15 meals, weekly housekeeping and linen services and a personal emergency pendant.
• Wireless internet access on main and 11th floor common areas
CALL 306.564.1200 FOR A TOUR TODAY!!!!!