Join the Winning Team at ATS Automation, a great place to automate your future! Take your place among the best in the business, and grow your career with ATS Automation. Join an environment where a passion for innovation is combined with an uncompromised commitment to quality.|
Our Engineering team in our Life Sciences Cambridge division is currently looking for a bright, ambitious Project Managerwho enjoys team work and on-going challenging projects.
Responsible for projects from receipt of purchase order through final installation and final customer acceptance.
- Leads the project team to execute projects on schedule, at or below budget delivering the contracted scope of work to all applicable codes and standards.
- Key customer contact for assigned projects. Responsible for customer satisfaction. Maintain regular contact (verbal and written) with key customer representative(s) ensuring all key project events and issues are documented in writing.
- Manage project risks including:
- Assessment and Identification of risks
- Develop and Implement Risk Mitigation Plan(s)
- Project Planning
- Develop suitable budget allocations for ATS labour and materials.
- Oversee project schedule development and identify all critical path activities.
- Conduct Initial Project Build Plan meeting
- Manage project resources. Ensures that adequate resources are assigned to all project tasks.
- Project financial management.
- Working with the financial analyst, ensure all billings and invoicing is submitted on time. Ensure all project deliverables are accomplished and supporting documentation is prepared for each project milestone payment. Obtain necessary FAT, SAT any other customer approvals needed to enable on-time payment including Final payment and project closure.
- Project Forecasting – Prepare accurate financial and resource forecasts. Prepare reports as required by ATS Management.
- Elevate deficiencies to department managers or Program Manager.
- Team Leadership:
- Holds team communications meetings on a regular basis.
- Encourages and mentors employees to ensure that the build team’s morale and efficiency is maintained at the highest level.
- Lead by example.
- Manage projects and project teams in accordance with all applicable ATS procedures. Ensure project teams follow the required procedures. Conduct regular team meetings and issue weekly project updates to the project team.
- Coordinate the post project employee assessment process.
- Ensure that all business activities are performed with the highest ethical standards and in compliance with the ATS Code of Business Conduct.
- Safety – Ensure that all project activities are conducted in accordance with ATS and Legal standards. Ensure that a PSHSR is prepared and acted upon.
- Adhere to all health and safety rules and procedures.
- Customer Relationship Management:
- Customer Advocate
- Deliver maximum customer satisfaction
- Pro-actively handle customer concerns
- Elevate customer issues when required to the next level of ATS management
- Partnership with ATS account manager to manage the customer
- Assists Applications Engineering with preparing quotations and customer interaction.
- Management Reporting:
- Attend the project status meeting as requested by the Program Manager and/or Director, Project Management.
- For larger programs, this position may report to a Program Manager.
- Project Change Management:
- Track all contract changes and prepare CORs (Change Order Requests).
- Ensure customer caused / requested changes are executed by the team only after receipt of customer agreement.
Post- secondary college diploma, engineering degree or equivalent, specializing in electronics, electrical, mechanical or controls engineering; Completion of or in the process of achieving the Project Management Professional (PMP) designation is an asset.
- Must have experience managing multi-zone automation projects in excess of $5 million with multiple disciplinary teams.
- Must have a proven track record of providing positive leadership and coordination to a multi-disciplined project design and construction team.
- Must have acted in a project management role with a minimum of five years’ experience in a variety of projects/markets on a multidiscipline team.
- Must have a practical working knowledge of robots, PLC’s, instrumentation or other machine controls packages, sensors and pneumatics.
- Preference will be given to those who possess medical device assembly experience, a process engineering background, a superior controls aptitude and proven trouble-shooting skills.
- Preference will also be given to those with FDA regulatory experience and exposure to validation planning and execution.
- An ability to work effectively with customers according to deadlines and under pressure-filled conditions is essential.
- Negotiator / Dealmaker
- Problem solver
- Customer skills (management, satisfaction, relationship building)
- Business knowledge and experience
ATS Automation Tooling Systems Inc_CA