1105 Fountain Street North, Cambridge, Ontario, N3E1A2
The decision to join a company is a big one. We have opportunities for hard working, energetic and reliable people just like you.
Why is this role important?
The DC Quality Assurance Specialist is accountable for ensuring that all inbound and outbound Fresh products (produce, meat and seafood) meet LCL quality standards at the distribution level. The Quality Specialist works with various areas (meat & seafood/produce business units, supply chain, retail, distribution and operations) to aid in the integration and adherence of policies and processes with respect to Quality thereby ensuring compliance to all statutory and company requirements.
What You'll Do:
What You'll Need:
- Verify that all inbound product consistently meets our specifications for quality (size, weight, trim, colour etc) by measurement of key metrics and adherence to sampling and testing programs.
- Ensure adherence and compliance with established Quality Assurance programs and policies thereby ensuring that all meat / seafood meets the highest standards of quality and food safety
- Complete daily/ongoing QA auditing of product ( slot checks, inter branch and distribution checks)
- Investigate and document all quality inspection findings with appropriate forms and systems (rejection reports, slot check, QA reports etc) on a daily/ongoing basis
- Continuous communication with QA Manager /Quality Assurance Team/Category Management Team/Supply Chain.
- Conduct store quality audits (verify level of quality at store level and at warehouse)
- Coordinate activities with CFIA with respect to quality issues when directed by Senior Director, Quality Assurance.
- Contribute as a key member of the Quality team to strategic decisions and continuous improvement initiatives
- Conduct any general duties, specific projects and responsibilities as assigned or required in a timely and professional manner.
How You'll Succeed:
- Post secondary education
- 2-4 years experience in a Quality Assurance/Operations function preferably within the meat, seafood & Produce industry (Procurement, Retail, or Distribution)
- Meat cutting experience in a retail or fabrication plant setting would be considered a strong asset
- Knowledge of fresh meat / seafood and related items in regard to grades, sizes, colour including knowledge of CFIA/USDA standards ideally
- Computer skills in a Windows environment: Excel, Outlook, Office 365. Knowledge of SAP is an asset
- Ability to communicate (verbally and written) effectively inter-departmentally and at various levels throughout the organization
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast paced, 24/7 refrigerated warehouse environment
- Self motivated, detail oriented, analytical and organized
- Raise the bar regarding company QA standards and exceptions and embrace a continuous improvement philosophy
- Requires ability to stand for long periods of time and lift 70 lbs on a repetitive basis
- Must be able to work day/afternoon/night shift (addition), weekends, holidays etc. Shift is subject to change depending on business requirements.
At Loblaw, we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections.
If that sounds like you, and you are open-minded, responsive to change and up to the challenges provided in a fast-paced retail environment, apply today.
Type of Role:
Temporary (Fixed Term)
Loblaw recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation's evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.
Please Note: If you have Employee Self Service (ESS) on Workday, apply to this job via the Workday application.
LOBLAW COMPANIES LIMITED