The Senior Financial Analyst will be responsible for performing a wide range of professional accounting activities requiring application of an advanced professional and competent knowledge of accounting concepts, principles and practices. This position contributes to ensuring there is a safe environment for patients, staff, and visitors. As a key member of the Finance department, the Senior Financial Analyst will be accountable for the following tasks which include but are not limited to:
- Analyzes monthly operating statements for completeness and reasonability
- Compile data and complete MoH quarterly and annual submissions, as well as supplementary reporting, both Global and Special Votes.
- Develop templates and reports to assist senior financial analysts and managers in developing their annual operating budgets.
- Build annual operating budgets in Budman with input from managers.
- Assist senior financial analysts and managers in determining factors causing monthly cost and FTE variances to budget.
- Prepare quarterly Financial Indicator Scorecard.
- Provide ad hoc financial reports and information for Senior Management.
- Maintain financial and statistical general ledger accounts in accordance with MIS Guidelines.
- Participate in committees to assist in project development and implementation.
- Provide support to managers in connection with developing costing models for Business Case Analysis.
- Be proactive in the development of management, indicator and other reports.
- Assists in other projects and reports as assigned by the Controller
Skills and Qualifications:
- Post-secondary degree/diploma in Business or Accounting program required
- Professional Accounting Designation - Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) required
- Minimum 3-5 years of accounting and financial analysis experience, preferably in a healthcare setting required
- In-depth knowledge of accounting concepts, techniques and principles required
- Knowledge of Ministry of Health MIS Guidelines preferred
- Broad knowledge of Meditech Financial system is preferred
Cambridge Memorial Hospital is committed to providing and fostering a respectful workplace. All reasonable accommodation will be made to support participation in the recruitment process. Where needed, accommodations for disabilities will be provided, on request, to support participation in all aspects of the recruitment process.
- Experience with budgeting software (Budman) a definite asset
- Self-motivated with a demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced environment with competing priorities, performing time sensitive tasks
- The ability to work at a high level independently or as part of a team
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills is required
- Regular Attendance is required
CAMBRIDGE MEMORIAL HOSPITAL