Position Focus |
This employee is responsible for developing and managing the borrowing requirements of existing and potential commercial/real estate clients. The Senior Account Manager reports to the Senior Manager, Commercial Banking
- Post-secondary degree, preferrably Bachelor of Commerce majoring in Finance or Accounting.
- Minimum four (4) years experience in commercial banking with knowledge of collateral securities.
- Good risk assessment skills, such as financial statement analysis, and industry risk.
- Solid interpersonal skills to aid in the ongoing development of marketing and negotiation skills.
- Strong organization skills with attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Proven ability to source, pre-qualify and close new business.
- Manage and grow a portfolio of existing construction/commercial/real estate banking client relationships.
- Review and monitor commercial operating lines of credit to ensure they are in accordance with credit approvals.
- Prepare credit applications and renewals, including the review of financial statements, ensuring quality risk assessment, analysis and underwriting. Ensure security documentation and credit investigations are completed for borrowers.
- Develop a network of contacts and undertake proactive marketing activities to attract new commercial/real estate clients to the bank.
CANADIAN WESTERN BANK