Position Focus |
Working as a key member of Canadian Western Bank (CWB) Group management team with the purpose to create, implement and deliver effective change management strategies and plans maximizing team adoption and acceptance of change initiatives with limited resistance across the group. Acts as a coach for senior leaders and executives assisting them in their role as sponsors of change initiatives focused on key strategic objectives. This role focusses on the people side of change inclusive of changes to processes, technology, roles, organizational structures and client impacts to change initiatives. Success is focused on driving speed of adoption, improving utilization and productivity of new initiatives, improving employee engagement, driving benefit realization and ROI. This individual is a motivated and passionate leader, strategic thinker with proven ability to lead change through effective collaboration across groups while building strong teamwork.
- Bachelor&'s degree in business or other related field
- Organizational change management training and/or Prosci (ADKAR model) certification
- A Project Management Professional (PMP) or other recognized Project Management Certification is considered an asset
- Minimum of eight (8) to ten (10) years progressively responsible and diversified experience, in the financial/banking industry, in the area of large scale project leadership or business change and optimization, including 7 years of management and leadership experience
- Experience driving or participating in large change and transformation efforts, business optimization initiatives, assessments and reviews or other large-scale enterprise initiatives
- Experience with all aspects of project and change management processes
- Experience with business planning and investment/portfolio management
- Proven effectiveness in leading / managing medium to large multi-departmental and enterprise level change initiatives, demonstrating the ability to effectively manage risk, resolve conflict and collaborate to foster project success and employee engagement
- Proven planning, organizational and analytical skills
- Outstanding ability to drive resolution of complex issues with a wide variety of stakeholders, including C suite executives
- Creative problem solving and conflict resolution skills, with the ability to diffuse challenging situations and find common ground
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of stakeholders - executives, managers, and subject matter experts
- Respectful, proactive, and self-motivated team player
- Strong leadership and coaching skills
- Demonstrated ability to engage in and drive multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Flexible and willing to try new tasks with minimal training or precedents
- Strong understanding of business models and an entrepreneurial mindset - client and business growth focused in approach
- Superior cross-business and cross-functional collaboration and facilitation skills; a willingness to contribute thought leadership and execute on others' ideas
- Advanced MS Office skills
- Ability to travel
- Lead, support and manage operating and capital budget planning for Organizational Change Management (OCM) elements of change initiatives.
- Develop, review and actively manage OCM related program/project budgets and expenditures.
- Collaborate with internal and external service providers to deliver program/project results.
- Leverage proactive business relationship management skills to understand and anticipate the needs of client partners across CWB Group.
- Drive strong stakeholder engagement across the group in planning and implementation of change initiatives building a culture of engagement, change-receptivity and accountability to support operational excellence and change initiatives.
- Implement organizational change management strategy and create/manage/execute plans, to realize business case benefits and help achieve expected objectives, through minimization of employee resistance and maximization of engagement relating to changes to business processes, systems/technology, job roles and organization structures.
- Analyze the impacts of change through facilitated workshops and other means, and conduct/organize assessments to determine and support the change readiness and capacity of stakeholder groups impacted.
- Acting as a coach identify resistance and performance gaps, and work to develop and implement appropriate actions and or mitigating tactics to achieve desired goals.
- Lead project sponsors and change agents (which may not be always formalized roles but would generally include front line managers/supervisors) in their execution of change management plans and act as supporting coach to senior leaders and executive in their roles as change sponsors.
- Implement change management plans and coordinate change network execution of business readiness support, in conjunction with change initiative teams.
- Assist development, implementation and management of benefit measurement systems to track adoption, utilization and proficiency of individual staff level changes as well as business case benefits realization.
- Create, enable and guide reinforcement mechanisms and celebration approaches as appropriate.
- Ensure applicable team members and groups are kept informed as to status of assigned activities and satisfied with work product results.
- Inspire trust by being open, honest and direct in communication, meeting commitments and behaving ethically in all dealings
- Treat all stakeholders with professionalism, dignity and respect and support an environment where people can contribute, excel and succeed.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills that contribute to working effectively in a diverse working environment
- Accept responsibility and accountability for actions and results
- Make decisions guided by common sense and sound business judgment
- Prepare and regularly review annual goals and career development plan with manager/supervisor
- Promote cooperation and commitment within the CWB Group towards the attainment of common goals enabling productive group interactions in line with strategic priorities
CANADIAN WESTERN BANK