Do you thrive in an environment where you are able to evaluate and analyze information and act decisively based on the facts? Are you able to maintain a strong customer focused approach during negotiations with internal and external sources? Is it important for you to work for an organization that supports personal well-being and balance?
As an Auto Appraiser within the Auto unit, you will play an integral role in the team&'s success byassessing vehicle damage claims in the field, utilizing your skills and meeting service standards when settling claims and investigating losses.
With this purpose in mind, you will:
- Conducts field inspections to evaluate mechanical or physical damages to cars of all makes and models through direct and in-person contact with insured’s, claimants, and service providers. Prepares auto repair estimates using an automated appraisal system. Obtains from vendors repairs cost agreements or quotations on replacement parts, labor rates, etc… When applicable, prepares total loss evaluations and facilitates their disposal.
- Within established authority limits, negotiates settlements with vendors or insured and processes payments. Composes summary reports on claims transactions and settlements and, if necessary, formulates recommendations for further action.
- As necessary, conducts re-inspections to ensure satisfactory completion of repairs in accordance with vendors’ agreements. Organizes and operates a drive-in appraisal service.
- Maintains effective communication channels with claims departments. Coaches other appraisers and adjusters when required. Establishes and maintains productive business relationships and liaises with repair facilities and other service providers. Assists in the screening and review of vendors’ performance to meet professional and corporate standards.
- Maintains current knowledge of insurance products as well as appraisal and investigation techniques and services. Identifies needs for process improvement and recommends changes to policies or procedures to maintain quality service and competitiveness. Determines and/or establishes key measures to monitor personal efforts and service levels.
- High School Diploma and Automotive Technical Certification
- Strong analytical skills to define problems/issues, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Effective verbal communication skills with experience in interviewing, coaching others, and dealing with insureds. Good written communication skills to draft claims reports
- Comprehensive knowledge of automobile construction and repair procedure
- Must possess a valid driver’s license with a good driving record
- Computer literacy
Eligibility to work in Canada
Applicants must be permanently eligible to work in Canada upon hire. Proof of eligibility for permanent roles may come in the form of a Canadian birth certificate, Canadian passport, Canadian citizenship certificate, permanent residence card or Confirmation of Permanent Residence document.
This posting closes on December 7, 2016 at 11:59pm EST.
INTACT FINANCIAL CORPORATION