Helping Albertans achieve their dreams by turning the complex world of banking into brilliantly simple solutions. That&'s ATB. Is that you?
Coach of the Year. Magnificent Mentor. Visionary. Motivator. Team Player. Whether at work or out in your community, you are the person that knows how to bring it all together. You're a natural leader and your passion and excitement comes from knowing that your efforts make a significant difference in the lives of your team members, customers and the community around you.
Manager, Alberta Private Client Credit
Reporting to the Director, APC Credit this role is a key member of the APC50083 credit team and is accountable to ensure the overall health of the Alberta Private Client credit portfolio is maintained. The role works with a team of service and advisory professionals as well as multiple business partners to meet the complex needs of ATB&'s High Net Worth Clients by providing superior client service, innovative credit solutions and individualized financial advice to high net worth clients.
As such the role is responsible for:
- Ensures overall health of the APC credit portfolio is maintained, consisting of complex credit structures to high net worth clients, and is responsible for balancing the need for strong profitability with sound risk management.
- Credit Process execution and reporting: perfection of security and documentation, and ensuring the utmost accuracy of APC credit reporting.
- Sales: for highly complex and amounts outside of Advisor and Associate limits, complete credit applications to send to Director, APC Credit or Retail Credit for adjudication.
The Manager, APC Credit has strong knowledge and proven success at structuring complex, personal, business and hybrid credit applications while retaining exceptional operational integrity.
This is done through an in-depth understanding of the most complex needs of High Net Worth clients and substantial expertise in retail and commercial credit as it applies to the private client market.
You will find success based on your abilities in the following areas:
Contributes to the overall health of the APC credit portfolio, consisting of complex credit structures to high net worth clients, and is responsible for balancing the need for strong profitability with sound risk management.
- Monitors current market conditions and credit conditions that would affect Retail Lending for Senior Management.
- Recommends customized solutions and comprehensive plans to meet the needs of the high net worth, affluent client for both routine and complex credit transactions
- Manages credit risk and administration on client files and collaborate with the Director, APC Credit and / or Risk Management and the client to provide winning solutions
- Accelerates revenue growth through equitable pricing of credit spread and fees
- Is able to negotiate with confidence, impact and influence
- Displays a high degree of professionalism and works cohesively in a team environment and is a strong contributor in meeting unit/team sales objectives
- Provides final decisioning on exception pricing arrangements within the context of the overall health of the portfolio and the RAROC pricing model
- Refers any applications outside of prescribed lending limits to Director, APC Credit or Retail Credit with recommendations on structuring
- Provides second level review and signature on appeals and declines for Senior Private Client Advisors, Private Client Advisors and Associates
- Reviews all credit loan reviews received to ascertain and resolve any deficiencies noted
- Approves discretionary pricing for loan and deposit products. Ensures a RAROC calculation has been completed to support the requested discount if the discount is not part of a formal ATB strategy.
Credit Process execution and reporting: Perfection of security and documentation and ensuring the utmost accuracy of APC credit reporting.
- Makes recommendations to Senior Management and Retail Credit concerning business rules and procedural changes regarding the effectiveness of present credit processes.
- Accountable for prescribed margin calculations as required on credits and documentation of the same
- Ensures loan documentation and security/ registered collateral are perfected for APC
- Monitors and follows up on loan reviews for loans granted by APC Advisors and Associates.
- Follows up on loan delinquencies to ensure they are maintained at a minimum level
- Completion of monthly reports for APC Advisors, Retail Credit, and Senior Management as required
- Provides day to day guidance, advice and coaching to APC Associates, Private Client Advisors and Senior Private Client Advisors
Sales: for highly complex and amounts outside of Senior Advisor limits, completes credit applications to send to Director, APC Credit or Retail Credit for adjudication
- Participates in client meetings alongside APC Advisors and Senior Advisors
- Within prescribed lending limits:
- Approves, conditionally approve or decline applications received from the APC Advisors and Associates in a timely fashion to support customer service requirements and ensure ATB achieves quality growth in the Retail Credit Portfolio
- Adjudicates and respond to requests for amendments or changes to existing retail loans making sound credit decisions
- Analyses and articulates cash flow from all income streams
- Approves or declines credit requests for temporary excesses on client accounts
As the ideal candidate you possess:
- Minimum 5-10 years experience within a Financial Institution and a strong understanding of Retail and Commercial Credit as it applies to private banking and the private client market
- Demonstrated ability to make sound adjudicating decisions after thorough analysis and careful consideration of all alternatives
- Able to analyze high net worth (HNW) clients to determine financial standing
- Strong ability to analyze financial statements, a good knowledge of industry risks, and a practical ability to determine our overall risk tolerance
- Excellent knowledge of Credit Risk and Credit Risk Trends
- Highly proficient in credit structuring
- Uses an appropriate combination of creative thinking and procedural approaches in dealing with problems and can communicate these options effectively
- Demonstrates excellent knowledge and experience with ATB&'s policies, business rules and procedures for retail and commercial lending
- Sound working knowledge of each area of expertise (RFS, B & AG, CFS, and ATBIS)
- Ability to design and implement effective operational controls as it pertains to the effective management of APC Credit.
- Demonstrates expertise in financial analysis, and structuring of complex credit solutions
- Must have strong communication skills with the ability to clearly communicate thoughts and ideas both verbally and in writing
- Proven collaboration skills, and the ability to coach team members on effective credit practices
- Has a demonstrated achievements/drive and constantly focuses on executing clients' objectives and strategies. Demonstrates a sense of urgency, yet remains calm under pressure
- Uses an appropriate combination of creative thinking and procedural approaches in dealing with problems and can communicate these options to internal areas of expertise
- Openness to change and flexibility with exhibited readiness to deal with changing client demands
- Must have the ability to critically approach both internal and customer issues, think through potential solutions and implications of the same to make thoughtful independent decisions
- Is an advocate for the integrated team, ensuring strong collaboration across AoE&'s, Retail Credit, Legal and Central Services is maintained at all times
So what can ATB Financial offer you? Imagine paying less for your everyday banking, mortgages, loans and investments. Throw in an excellent benefits and pension package, opportunities for career advancement, and a financial institution that&'s leading the way in change ? now you're talking about a career with a company that allows you to grow. As an award-winning employer-of-choice ? we have the best of the best working for Albertans. Sound like a team you want to be a part of?
Advancement. Fun. Rewards? We get it.
To learn more visit atb.com.
To read our employer reviews visit our Glassdoor page.
Online applications are preferred. ATB Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, due to the high number of resumes we receive, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
For additional information on this posting, please contact Brian Fischer, Director APC Credit. [Note: please apply using our online system and not the contact&'s email address].
Please click the following link for information on communities where ATB thrives.
Click here to apply for this job