- On Kijiji since July 2016
- View poster's other Ads : Adzuna
|Address||, Edmonton, AB,
|Job Offered By||Professional Employer|
|Company||Alberta Health Services|
|Job Type||Please Contact|
Posting Open Date:
Posting Close Date:
Alberta Hospital Edmonton - At
Temporary End Date:
Hours Per Shift:
Length of Shift Cycle:
Shift Per Cycle:
Evenings, Nights, Weekends
As Per Rotation
Rates of Pay:
AHS offers a competitive compensation package
Business/Management/Leadership, Mental Health
Reporting to the Centralized Services Program Manager the incumbent is responsible for the operation of the areas of responsibility within Centralized Services. The incumbent has accountability for the performance and results of related areas of responsibility and is responsible for participating in strategic planning, identifying budget requirements (human, material and capital resources) to safely meet patients needs, managing expenditure and variance analysis, professional and ancillary staff, creating and sustaining healthy work environments including OHS&W issues, maintaining collaborative working relationships and facilitating the implementation of changes to structure and processes in order to accomplish improved outcomes in quality of care and cost containment.
The incumbent provides leadership and visionary abilities to meet the mandate of the Alberta Health Services. This is accomplished through the provision of excellent patient care, the delivery of patient and staff education and the introduction of research initiatives while demonstrating the core values of the organization.
The incumbent provides administrative support to assigned areas and support to all customers by exercising defined delegated authority while working in conjunction with the units, site and Addiction and Mental Health.
- Baccalaureate Degree in a Health Profession required (equivalencies may be considered).
- Five years of previous experience within a complex health care organization required.
- Two years of experience in a management capacity preferred.
- Eligible or currently registered with applicable professional association in Alberta.
- Current Health Care Provider Level C CPR.
- The incumbent will demonstrate a clear pattern of professional and personal development. Equivalencies of education and experience will be considered.
- The incumbent provides administrative direction to the site in the absence of Management.
- Must be able to respond quickly to emergency locations and competently deal with the incident.
- Must be able to assist in restraints or patient care (including lifting).
- Must be comfortable working alone and moving around campus alone after hours.
- Must be able to cope with requirement to complete responsibilities in a fast paced environment characterized by frequent interruptions and situations demanding quick decisions. Must be flexible to adjust work schedule to meet departmental and job requirements, thereby requiring good multi-tasking skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to the vision and mission of Alberta Health Services, and Addictions and Mental Health.
- Excellent knowledge of the various collective agreements (UNA, AUPE, HSAA).
- Computer Software Applications (MS Office, Windows 2000) and site specific computer applications (Workforce ESP, PeopleSoft, e-People, eManager, etc)
AHS values the diversity of the people and communities we serve and is committed to attracting, engaging and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce.
All new offers of employment are subject to a Criminal Records Check satisfactory to the employer. This information is collected by authority of the Protection For Person In Care Act (Section 10(4).
Alberta Health Services