National Leasing Manager - Edmonton AB|
This position will be primarily responsible for managing the lease portfolio of The Brick Warehouse. This will include day-to-day lease administration, as well as negotiation of leases and renewals.
Edmonton, AB T5M-3S2
- Negotiate leases and other documents with landlords and landlords’ lawyers
- Prepare and/or review various leasing documentation, including offers to lease, leases, subleases, assignments, amending agreements, renewal agreements, surrender agreements, non-disturbance agreements, etc...
- Working with landlords, from time to time, with respect to special projects, such as financing
- Liaising with existing landlords and other stakeholders to resolve issues and inquiries and to maintain good relationships
- Report to Vice President, Real Estate and assist with various matters
- Review landlord estoppel certificates
- Create and maintain lease profiles and work with store managers and other company personnel to interpret lease clauses
- Maintain lease database
- Monitor key dates such as condition dates, renewal and expiry dates, and prepare timelines for new projects
- Work with law firms to register leases
- Assist Legal Department with insurance review and with other special projects, when needed
- Report quarterly to senior management on all leasing activity, including new leases, renewals, expiries, etc.
- Report relevant financial terms of new leases, amendments, renewals, etc. to Real Estate Accounting
- Assist Real Estate Accounting in requisitioning tenant improvement allowances
- Maintain lease summary and locations shared drive
- Review CAM and tax reconciliations
- Maintain competitor database
- Paralegal (with experience in commercial leasing) or property management certificate
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- The ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Proven planning and organization skills and show initiative
- Minimum of 7 years' experience in a retail lease administration environment
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to create and maintain good relationships with landlords and other stakeholders
- Detail oriented and able to multitask and complete tasks accurately in a time sensitive environment
- Strong IT skills
Why Work for the Brick?
- Flexible "employer-paid" benefits including Health, Dental, and Paramedical services for you and your family
- Competitive pay
- Paid training
- Career progression program
- Access to free personal development training through "The Brick University"
- Employee discounts & personal "Paid" days off
- Fitness facility open 7 days a week
- Recognition, incentives, prizes and giveaways!
Be a part of Canada&'s largest home furnishings retailer!
Number one in quality home furnishings across Canada
THE BRICK WAREHOUSE LP