Position Focus |
The Program Manager provides program and project management services to corporate departments and branches as required and agreed to by the business owners (branch/department heads and/or managers) and in alignment with the PMO practices.
- An undergraduate degree in business, commerce, information technology or a related discipline.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification.
- Program Management Professional (PgMP) Certification or similar program certification ideal, but not required.
- ITIL Foundations Certification ideal, but not required.
- Minimum of fifteen (15) to twenty (20) years of project and program management experience, preferably in the financial industry, in the areas information management services, business process redesign, organizational change management, business case analysis, and/or risk management.
- Proven effectiveness in managing large multi-departmental and enterprise level programs/projects, demonstrating the ability to effectively manage risk, conflict resolution and collaboration/fostering of program/project success.
- Expertise with all aspects of program and project management processes.
- Advance skill in use of program/project management software, tools and techniques.
- Advanced leadership, analytical, communication, written, interpersonal, and negotiation skills are required.
- High degree of organization and ability to multi-task and shift priorities.
- Exercises excellent judgement and demonstrates strong decision making skills.
- A collaborative approach, able to produce effective results across multiple and diverse stakeholder groups at all levels of an organization.
- Full management of program/project budgets, including vendor invoice management, budget tracking, and final delivery within the approved budgets.
- Continuous review and action on opportunities to improve program/project cost savings, reduce rework, and effectively use resources assigned to programs/projects.
- Ensure client and user impacts are validated throughout the program/project lifecycle, including realization of defined benefits.
- Successfully complete programs/projects, initiatives and activities as assigned and defined to improve and support business process effectiveness and efficiency benefits, in accordance with program/project stakeholder expectations including the Executive Sponsor and Project Owner.
- Effectively deliver leadership on programs/projects as assigned, including demonstrated encouragement of team cohesion and growth, maintenance of vendor-client relationships, and sustainment of team motivation and commitment to programs/projects.
- Maintain continuous learning that enhances the knowledge, skills and abilities required to provide support on assigned program governance and program management activities.
- Inspire trust by being open, honest and direct in communication, meeting commitments and behaving ethically in all dealings
- Treat all stakeholders with professionalism, dignity and respect and support an environment where people can contribute and excel
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills that contribute to working effectively in a diverse working environment
- Accept responsibility and accountability for actions and results
- Make decisions guided by common sense and sound business judgement
- Prepare and regularly review annual goals and career development plan with manager/supervisor
- Promote cooperation and commitment within the CWB Group towards the attainment of common goals enabling productive group interactions.
CANADIAN WESTERN BANK