The Great Blue Heron Casino is currently looking for a full time Senior Accountant.|
Under the supervision of the Manager of Accounting, the Senior Accountant is responsible for maintaining the financial systems for assigned GBH companies (and potentially related entities). The Senior Accountant prepares monthly financial statements with related analyses and capital expenditure analyses.
- Excellent internal and external customer service skills are required to be displayed at all times
- Promote the values of the Great Blue Heron Cultural Compass by example at all times and guide staff in adopting these values as a way of operating daily at the Great Blue Heron Casino
- Responsible for all matters relevant to the recording of operating financial results for assigned companies on a monthly and an annual basisAssist with the preparation of monthly financial statements for assigned companies including an analysis of operating results
- Process monthly accruals, prepare month end reports / analyses
- Process all journal entries
- Calculate the relevant monthly fees to Stakeholders as per the operating agreements
- Review income and expense accounts for proper coding
- Reconcile all balance sheet accounts on a monthly basis
- Reconcile sub-ledgers to general ledger account balances
- Reconcile inter-company accounts
- Maintain and reconcile fixed asset schedules
- Completion of year end tax reporting requirements, withholding taxes, HST, corporate tax and ensures compliance
- Preparation and support of statutory and group audits
- Assists in preparation of budgets and forecasts as required
- Performs other duties as required by the Manager of Accounting
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years Accounting experience
- Must have a business degree and/or be working toward an accounting /financial certification if not already attained
- Strong working knowledge of Canadian GAAP and International Financial Reporting Standards
- Must have advanced Excel Skills
- ERP skills
- Must possess strong organizational skills
- Must have problem-solving skills
- Must have excellent time management skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work in a team
- Self motivated and self directed
- Must have good math skills and excellent attention to detail
- Must be able to work in a team environment
- Ability to prioritize projects and multitask
We offer a competitive wage, life insurance and excellent benefits, RRSP&'s, Employee Assistance programs, free parking and discounted meals in our staff cafeteria and a GREAT PLACE TO WORK.
You must be 18yrs or older to work at the Great Blue Heron Casino
The successful candidate will require licensing approval by the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario.
If you need assistance/accommodation during the recruiting process then please contact the our HR department.
Only Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Great Blue Heron Casino