The position will be responsible for developing and implementing the investment strategies for various SLF portfolios, and for driving tactical adjustments to these strategies. Consistent with the SLF investments framework and policies, the candidate will also monitor all aspects of investment performance. This includes the appropriateness of asset class positions in the context of the liability and surplus segments that they support. The scope of the position encompasses working with all existing and new asset classes that comprise the investment portfolio, including public bonds, private placements, commercial mortgages, real estate, public equity, and derivatives. The position will also work closely with ALM and the business units, and with all support groups, including accounting, finance, tax, legal, compliance, risk management and actuarial.
- The position will primarily be responsible for managing the investment portfolios across multiple asset classes backing life insurance products, reinsurance accounts, and other portfolios as assigned
- Working with the asset classes, all investment portfolio parameters for each individual asset class and in total will be managed, monitored and controlled, to strive for superior risk-adjusted performance and profitability
- Oversee compliance reporting/monitoring for various Portfolio Policies and Parameters limits and take appropriate corrective action if required
- Investment parameters requiring tactical management and control include asset mix, interest rate risk, credit quality, foreign exchange exposure, liquidity, embedded options if applicable and new product pricing assumptions
- All other constraints and limits per internal policies and the external environment, e.g., regulatory bodies, rating agencies, etc., are also within scope
- Another key responsibility is to identify and recommend new investment strategies and introduction of new asset classes, within an integrated portfolio context and a risk-return framework, to improve overall investment performance. This is an ongoing responsibility that has a broader scope across the entire investment portfolio across all liability and surplus segments
- Assist in the cross border development for various PM-related initiatives as Investments support for special projects to support specific business and investment needs
- A thorough knowledge is required of portfolio management theory and practices, including basic knowledge of all asset classes and investment instruments as well as controlling interest rate risk using immunization techniques and hedging instruments
- An understanding of insurance and annuity products and the characteristics of these liabilities
- The high profile nature of this position also requires excellent communication skills (both written and oral), willingness and ability to champion for new ideas and innovation and the ability to flex in a team environment both as a leader and a contributor, and have the confidence to work independently with little direct supervision
Persons with disabilities who need accommodation in the application process, or those needing job postings in an alternative format, may e-mail a request to firstname.lastname@example.org
- A masters degree in Investments/Finance, MBA (or equivalent designation) is recommended and the CFA designation is preferred with 7 - 10 years investment experience
We thank all applicants for showing an interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.Please click here to Apply On-Line.
SUN LIFE FINANCIAL