Sun Life Global Investments (Canada) Inc. brings together the strength of Sun Life Financial with the best in asset management from around the world to offer a line-up of unique world class investment solutions - tailored for the Canadian investor. Join this high performing team as Manager, Fund Management and help in continuing to build a successful investment company!|
Reporting to the Director of Finance, Sun Life Global Investments (SLGI), the role of
Manager, Fund Management will be responsible for leading a small team that manages daily fund on fund trading and cash communications. Key responsibilities also include being accountable for the Fund control environment through oversight of the Mutual and Segregated Funds, using a continuous improvement mind-set to drive process efficiency and effectiveness.
This role will be based in Waterloo.
- Oversee the daily processes for trade execution of institutional and fund of fund investments in SLGI Funds
- Direct the daily cash analysis and cash communication
- Liaise with sub advisors for trading, cash reporting and resolution of discrepancies
- Monitor and maintain the monthly Private Client billing and management fee rebate process
- Oversee the HST collection and coordination for Dealer Service Fees
- Manage month-end reporting of fund management fees, administration fees and fund expenses, including cash movement
- Manage the month end reporting of assets and unitholders
- Manage the fund's custody accounts through oversight and reconciliation
- Manage the resolution and reporting of Trade errors to the Trading Practices Committee
- Oversee the daily analysis of fund NAVs to ensure movement is consistent amongst the series and with comparable funds
- Manage investment market opens for the funds investing in foreign jurisdictions and maintain filings.
- Manage and report on EUC (End User Computing) processes and assist with annual Fraud Risk Assessments
- Oversee relevant aspects of outsourced arrangements with record keeping, fund valuation, fund accounting and custody. Including regular reporting.
- Monitor the control environment and governance structure including building appropriate controls with the external vendor and internal partners
- Liaise with external and internal auditors to ensure audit requirements are being achieved
- Participate in all major Fund related projects through the design, testing, implementation and operational phases
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to support and influence peers
- Excellent PC skills (Excel, Word, Adobe, Lotus Notes) with proficiency to manage large data sets systematically and efficiently
- Strong analytical & financial reporting skills
- Investment fund finance experience
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to work effectively while managing multiple tasks
- Ability to adapt to multiple demands, shifting priorities and changes in business conditions
- University degree
- Knowledge and experience with report writing tools
- Self-motivated and adaptable
Personswith disabilities who need accommodation in the application process, or thoseneeding job postings in an alternative format, may e-mail a request to email@example.com
- Business knowledge and experience related to Mutual and Segregated Funds Industry
- Strong understanding of compliance and oversight functions
- Experience with report writing and database query software
- Ability work under tight timelines
We thank all applicants for showing an interest inthis position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please click here to Apply On-Line.
SUN LIFE FINANCIAL