CIBC is a leading Canadian-based global financial institution. Through our three major businesses - Retail and Business Banking, Wealth Management and Capital Markets - we provide a full range of financial products and services to 11 million individual, small business, commercial, corporate and institutional clients in Canada and around the world. We invest in our businesses, our clients, our people and our communities to deliver consistent and sustainable earnings to our shareholders. To learn more about CIBC's Lines of Business, please visit our website.|
CIBC delivers access to career and development opportunities, safe and healthy workplaces, effective training, and positive work-life balance - so that employees are able to perform at their best, contribute to their communities and focus on cultivating deeper relationships with our clients.
Every year, CIBC is recognized for its business successes, community commitment and employee initiatives. We are proud of these successes and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace and an environment where all employees can excel.
The primary responsibility is to provide efficient service to Private Banking customers by assisting them with their transactional banking needs and respond to their queries.
What You'll Be Doing
- 1. Provide high quality customer service:
- Greet customers arriving for meetings and arrange contact with appropriate Center staff.
- Respond to customer inquiries and requests within the prescribed time commitment standard for Private Banking.
- Ensure client confidentiality is maintained at customer service desk at all times and maintain area in a neat and orderly manner.
- Respond to incoming telephone calls to the centre
- Assist customers with requests for cash and foreign exchange transactions, drafts, travelers cheques, centralized instruments.
- Respond to incoming telephone calls and client requests to process wires/cables and visa, tax and bill payments
- Issue convenience cards
- Accept and process payments and a range of other COINS/Colt transactions.
- Assist/back up other Private Banking Associate during absence/ holiday relief
- Arrange the scheduling of meeting rooms at the Centre
- Open accounts, process GIC applications, lending applications, etc in full support of Private Banker(s)
- 1. Provide administrative support:
What We're Looking For
- Act as custodian of combinations
- Maintain joint custody of engraved forms, etc.
- Distribute incoming mail, faxes, etc as appropriate
- Ensure the centres' marketing material is current
- Look up and provide information on accounts, loan, mortgages, etc.
- Process cheque orders
- Carry out a range of activities related to building and maintaining deposit and investment accounts.
What CIBC Can Offer You
- Good keyboarding skills
- Well developed interpersonal skills
- attention to detail
- must be able to process transactions accurately
- knowledge of loan, mortgage and investment products sufficient to respond to general customer inquires.
- High level of computer literacy including HMIS, CIF, COINS, Microsoft Office
- Working knowledge of branch routine and operations of other departments and CIBC partners sufficient to address client inquires adequately and/or refer to appropriate source.
- Ability to exercise good judgment independently
- Liaise with CIBC partners on behalf of clients ensuring problem resolution and follow up as required
- Must provide high level delivery of customer service and be able to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Good presentation and communication skills.
- CSC and CPH courses for registration purposes.
What You Need To Know
- Flexible health benefits, stock purchase plan, competitive incentive pay and recognition programs
- Competitive salary and banking benefits
- Career growth, development and continuous learning opportunities
- Opportunity to be involved in CIBC events that help our communities
- Click to learn more about Rewards & Recognition, Learning & Development, and Employee Community Involvement
Please click here to Apply On-Line.
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work permit or study permit that allows the candidate to fulfill the requirements of the role