Job Ref 2016-128|
Job Type Full-time
Pharmacist - Operations Manager, Medisystem, London, Ontario
Medisystem Pharmacy, a Shoppers Drug Mart Company, is an established specialty pharmacy that provides pharmaceutical dispensing and clinical pharmacy consulting services to long term care facilities across Canada. MediSystem services 40,000 residents in over 300 facilities and is proud to be 100% Canadian owned and operated.
MediSystem Pharmacy is committed to optimizing the health, wellness and safety of all residents that we service through the introduction of innovative technologies, continuing education, enhanced clinical services and seamless medication delivery. Our company's CORE values reflect how we treat all residents, staff in the homes as well as our employees. We CARE about all Canadians, we believe in OWNERSHIP and accountability, RESPECT, and EXCELLENCE in the services we provide.
At MediSystem Pharmacy, you can use your skills to do meaningful work that has a real impact, in an environment that promotes learning, growth and opportunity. If you're ready for a new challenge, MediSystem Pharmacy can turn your potential into performance that is recognized and rewarded. We offer competitive pay, full benefits, and a work life balance.
The Operations Manager will be responsible for developing long term strategic plans that will engage all personnel in the pursuit of a lean manufacturing environment. Clearly defined measures and protocol will be in place and must be followed to provide technically advanced medication packaging to facilities and clients.
Efficiently manage Pharmacy operations including managing staff, budgets, and equipment to deliver effective pharmaceutical care, maximize dispensary profitability, and productivity.
- Ensure staff present a professional image and provide friendly customer service to foster relationship building.
- Ensure prescriptions are processed using the triple check method and in accordance with professional and legal requirements.
- Ensure proper storage and security of pharmaceuticals.
- Ensure narcotics and controlled drugs are properly received and recorded.
- Minimize medication incidents according to company policies and procedures. In the event of any incident, ensure proper documentation and follow-up.
- Maintain inventory to achieve projected inventory turns.
- Ensure staff participates in appropriate training programs and encourage them to share their learning with other team members.
- Ensure professional profiles for all patients are complete and receive an on-going maintenance in a timely manner.
- Ensure patient confidentiality and privacy are protected.
Inventory and Record Keeping:
- Ensure all staff members perform their job duties within satisfactory levels.
- Assist in setting performance goals for the operation.
- Provide on-going staff guidance and training/development.
- Ensure staff understand and adhere to company policies and, if necessary, take appropriate action for any violations.
- Conduct regular team staff meetings to improve performance.
- Conduct staff performance reviews in consultation with the Human Resources Department.
- Ensure timely and accurate completion of billings and reporting.
- Review operations and performance indicators.
- Ensure maintenance of a proper work environment and office security.
- Maintain a good working relationship with other departments and members of the management team.
- Maintain adequate inventory levels of all pharmaceuticals utilizing inventory control systems to guard against "out of stocks" or "overstocks".
- Work to maximize gross margins.
- Ensure pricing of pharmaceuticals.
- Monitor expired inventory and ensure proper handling of these items to minimize financial loss.
- Ensure invoices/packing slips are checked prior to forwarding to Accounts Payable.
- Maintain proper records for Pharmacy Operations according to regulations.
- Maintain adequate operations and office supplies.
- Supervise or assist in the taking of inventory.
- Assist Human Resources to determine staff requirements, recruit and hire new employees.
- Provide New Employee Orientation for new hires.
- Ensure proper training of new employees.
- Work with Human Resources to administer work policies and procedures, including attendance, breaks, vacations, incident reports, conflicts, sick leave, and leaves of absence.
- Conduct three-month and annual performance appraisals and wage reviews in consultation with the Human Resources department.
- Provide continuous performance feedback to staff.
- Organize staff work schedules.
- Supervise and provide leadership to develop team spirit.
- Conduct regular staff meetings to ensure effective communication and employee motivation.
Accommodation is available upon request for applicants and colleagues with disabilities.
- Ontario Pharmacist license in good standing
- Three years of retail, hospital, or long-term care pharmacy experience
- Three years of management or supervisory experience.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to delegate responsibility
- Team player and Leadership skills
SHOPPERS DRUG MART