- Current SHRM’s Interested in TRANSFER OPPORTUNITY
- Drive the store’s HR Review process to accurately assess talent. Coordinate Associate surveys and assessments as necessary
- Manage the hiring process to ensure compliance with all applicable laws and policy. Forecast and analyze workforce-planning data and provide feedback to management team
- Execute store’s staffing strategy focusing on proper full-time to peak-time ratio, certified specialists, diversity and demographics.
- Recommend final candidates for job openings with start rate proposals to store manager for approval
- Effectively execute Associate training needs and quality of store’s training delivery, including training on AR/HR issues and ensure all management is trained on relevant Federal and Provincial employment laws.
- Drive the review process for consistency, fairness, timelines and effective utilization of payroll to maximize store performance. Ensure that managers and supervisors are developing strong Associate game plans. Work with store management team to identify and develop talent
- Ensure proper payroll administration and effective wage management with store manager
- Ensure that each Associate has an opportunity for career development and understands his/her growth opportunities
- Proactively maintains a positive Associate relation’s environment that supports the Open Door policy. Handle Associate issues and concerns to maintain a positive work environment and support the Company’s goal to attract, motivate and retain a high-performing diverse workforce
- Work with Regional Human Resource Manager and Director, Employment Practices to investigate and coordinate the handling of associate issues.
- Make decisions regarding counseling and termination of Associates Benefits and Healthcare Management
- Ensure proper administration of benefits information including healthcare, DPSP, Worker’s Compensation, Associate Services, and the Homer Fund
- Manage internal communication in store. Responsible for all District, Division and Atlanta SSC communication including Store Meetings, Town Halls and Breakroom communications
- Ensure that the store has active Team Depot and Wellness programs
- Safety expectations for this role are outlined under The Home Depot Canada Environmental Health & Safety Management system element under 'Supervisor'.
- Must fulfill minimum time-in-position (1 year) and performance management code requirements (V2 – Valued Associate, Well Positioned)
- 3-5 years HR Generalist or related experience
- 2 years of Management experience
- Degree in Human Resources Management or related field is a preferred qualification
- CHRP certified or be working towards certification
- Good knowledge of store operations, employment and labour laws
- Excellent organization, time and deadline management skills. Excellent communicator ability to communicate well with all levels. Highly committed individual with a passion for people and doing what is right for our associates and the organization
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to work a flexible retail schedule including nights and weekends
Home Depot Canada Inc.