Come Grow with Amica and take your Career from GOOD to GREAT!
COMMUNITY OPERATIONS MANAGER
Amica at Oakville
- Passionate about making a difference?
- Looking for work that has a higher purpose?
- Interested in a job that allows you to make a meaningful difference in society and provide seniors with the most memorable and fulfilling experiences in a lifetime?
- Interested to join a team of passionate, dedicated people who strive to do it better than anyone else in the industry?
Then Amica Mature Lifestyles is for you!
At Amica, we create and deliver lifestyle experiences inspiring seniors to feel vibrant and live younger.
And we do it better than anyone else!
Amica provides an all-inclusive retirement lifestyle focused on health and well-being, in communities designed to offer a superior, service-rich environment.
We believe that the later stages of life can and should be among the most meaningful, memorable and fulfilling experiences in a lifetime. To that end, we are committed to deliver premium accommodations, engaging Wellness & Vitality™ programs, and healthy and flavourful menus.
As Amicans, we work together each day with a life affirming spirit from within that allows us all to be “young inside”.
A day in the life of the Community Operations Manager:
Reporting to the General Manager, the Community Operations Manager is responsible for the day-to-day operation and oversight of several key areas within their community, including office management, concierge, payroll and benefits, housekeeping, billing and accounting. Furthermore, the Community Operations Manager advises, directs and participates in the development and implementation of long and short term strategies, goals, objectives, policies and procedures within their community.
Other Job Duties:
- Administers payroll, accounts receivable, accounts payable
- Administers hiring and recruitment process including new hire paperwork
- Administers HR functions, including personnel files, training compliance and department minutes
- Completes general administrative work requirements as assigned
- Manages the concierge department, including formulating and maintaining schedules, providing training, support and coverage
- Manages the Housekeeping department, including formulating and maintaining schedules, provides training, and supporting the Housekeeping supervisor.
- Performs regular audits of concierge/housekeeping team
- Participates in budget process as directed
- Supporting Marketing & sales where required
- Participates in corporate initiatives as requested
- Participates in weekend manager on duty rotation
- Other duties as required
How do I qualify?
You must have:
- Diploma or certificate in bookkeeping or managerial accounting along with previous experience executing administrative tasks in hospitality setting or similar environment
- Post secondary education in hospitality, business management, or related filed
- Experience with accounting/payroll systems
- Previous experience managing payroll, benefits, accounts receivable, and accounts payable as well as managing staff
- Ability to communicate fluently in English
- Proven ability to manage and lead others
- Exceptional business writing skills and a high level of proficiency working with computers including Microsoft Excel
What we are looking for:
- Superior customer service skills with both residents and employees and seeks ways to maintain, improve and advance these standards
- Customer service driven with a passion for working with seniors
- Ability to manage the administrative office, including supplies and equipment, the concierge department, including scheduling, training, and performance management as well as coordinate the recruitment and hiring process
- Willingness to participate in corporate initiatives and weekend manager on duty rotation
- Strong knowledge base regarding current applicable legislation, including employment standards and the Retirement Homes Act
- Capable of basic troubleshooting of computer systems, including networking and office equipment
- Competent team-builder with coaching and conflict resolution skills
Position Vacant Until Filled
AMICA MATURE LIFESTYLES INC.