- On Kijiji since July 2016
- View poster's other Ads : Adzuna
|Address||, Oakville, ON,
|Job Offered By||Professional Employer|
|Job Type||Please Contact|
Position: Investment Accountant |
Our client, a growing Canadian Investment Management company focused on long term income generating investment products, requires a Investment Accountant.
- Perform daily NAV review procedures along with maintaining and reconciling fund schedules
- Perform monthly, quarterly and annual investment fund accounting analytics, reconciliations, reporting and compliance for a growing family of investment funds
- Prepare spreadsheet models to analyze, forecast and reconcile fund performance and other analytical metrics
- Communicate and interact with service providers, internal reporting on fund matters and investment activities
- Assist with preparation of the semi-annual and annual fund financial statements
- File and provide tax support for all investment portfolios
- Assist with monitoring fund compliance with investment, legal and regulatory restrictions and constraints
- Liaise with senior management, external service providers and company auditors
- Assist and support senior management with various special projects and requests
- Support and assist the trading desk with daily reconciliations and ETF end of day procedures
- Assist with and perform other daily investment management and operations tasks and requests
- Achievement oriented - a passion for working in a fast-paced environment, the prioritization of workload and the attention to completion of each task
- Analytical thinking - understanding a situation, issue or problem, and working through to solution
- Business acumen - ability to understand the business implications of an accounting decisions and the impact and the ability to strive to improve organizational performance
- Initiative - ability to anticipate and identify a problem, obstacle or opportunity and take appropriate action
- Teamwork and cooperation - ability to work cooperatively with others and be part of a team oriented environment
- Undergraduate Degree in finance, accounting or related field
- Professional Designation - CPA, CA, CPA, CMA or CPA, CGA (or in progress) a strong asset
Work Experience and Other Skills:
- 3 to 5 years of fund accounting experience with investment funds
- Experience at fund accounting services providers - an asset
- Experience using Bloomberg - an asset
- Strong PC skills and efficiency with Excel required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Please send your resume as a Word document to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Connecting you + Quantum: With our contacts and your skills, we're a winning combination. Put Quantum on your team and apply today!
Have you heard about our Referral Bonus Program? If you refer a friend or colleague who is hired, you may be eligible for a Visa Gift card!
We appreciate all expressed interest in this position, however, only the candidates selected for interview will be contacted. You will certainly be contacted before we submit your resume to any of our clients.
Quantum is an equal opportunity employer.