- On Kijiji since February 2016
- View poster's other Ads : Tsay Keh Dene Band
|Address||Prince George, BC V2L1L9
|Job Offered By||Professional Employer|
|Company||Tsay Keh Dene Band|
Position Title: Director of Education & Training
Reports To: Executive Director
Department: Education & Training
Position Type: FTE 1.0
Hours of Work: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm (40 hours/week)
Wage: Depending on experience and education
Working out of the Prince George office with regular travel to the community of Tsay Keh Dene, the Director of Education will be responsible for developing, implementing and managing education programs for the Tsay Keh Dene School and Learning Centre. Functions will include ensuring that all alternative services are attended to in a meaningful and appropriate manner, ensuring the quality of education provided meets specified standards. The Director of Education will act as a community relations liaison, ensuring the appropriate implementation and ongoing success of the instructional programs and educational objectives of the Tsay Keh Dene School and Learning Centre including preparing budgets, development and management of finances, conducting monitoring and testing programs to effectively measure and ensure the success of the Tsay Keh Dene School and Learning Centre.
Educational and Experience
• Post-secondary Degree and 3 – 5 years varied of related experiences preferred
• Advance level with MS office application is a must.
• Labour Relations background - interpreting and assisting with contract and labour issues.
• Working in a multidisciplinary environment with a variety of community professionals.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• A well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation, conflict resolution, and people management skills.
• Able to be culturally and politically sensitive
• High degree of resourcefulness, flexibility, adaptability and self-motivated.
• Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
• Ability to work independently and as a team member.
• Initiative to set priorities and identify plans of action.
• Ability to work effectively with committees, the administrative team, school personnel, parents, students, and community members.
• Able to appropriately interpret all applicable Laws and regulations for education, agreements, and policies and practices.
• Able to effectively present information and respond to questions from members of staff and the general public.
• Maintains confidentiality and integrity showing respect to staff, parents and members of the public.
• High level of critical and logical thinking, analysis, and/or reasoning to identify underlying principles, reasons, or facts.
• Able to work well under pressure and meet set deadlines.
• Good organizational, time management and prioritizing skills.
• Ability to interpret and implement company policies and procedures.
• Attention to detail in all areas of work.
• Criminal record check clearance is a required
To apply, please forward your resume with a cover letter to Human Resources via email