CIBC is a leading Canadian-based global financial institution.Through our three major businesses - Retail and Business Banking, WealthManagement and Wholesale Banking - we provide a full range of financial productsand services to 11 million individual, small business, commercial, corporateand institutional clients in Canada and around the world. We invest in ourbusinesses, our clients, our people and our communities to deliver consistentand sustainable earnings to our shareholders. To learn more about CIBC'sLines of Business, please visit our website.|
CIBC delivers access to career and development opportunities, safeand healthy workplaces, effective training, and positive work-life balance - sothat employees are able to perform at their best, contribute to theircommunities and focus on cultivating deeper relationships with our clients.
Every year, CIBC is recognized for its business success,community commitment and employee initiatives. We are proud of this successand are committed to creating an inclusive workplace and an environment whereall employees can excel.
To learn more about CIBC and the CIBC Group of Companies pleasevisit CIBC.com.
As a Manager, Commercial Banking, you will join CIBCto manage and grow a portfolio of commercial banking clients by proactivelydeveloping new business opportunities in the community and ensuring clients'day-to-day banking needs are being met at the highest level.
What You'll Be Doing
What We're Looking For
- Proactively assess clientneeds and propose solutions to deliver what matters to our clients
- Develop new client relationshipsthrough business development activities leveraging referral sources, existingclients and centres of influence
- Actively monitor andmanage the relationship with a client by fully understanding their goals,objectives and status of the client's business
- Structure, negotiate anddocument credit and cash management arrangements with clients and prospectsthat meet client needs
- Committed to building aprofile in the local business community in order to leverage that profile intoeffective working relationships with new and existing clients and internalpartners
- Successful candidates must exhibit CIBC's values of trust, team work,and accountability
- Should have Bachelors or equivalent degree in Business, Finance,Accounting, or related field
- Must have commercial or business banking or previous financial industryprofessional experience
- Must have proven business development (sales) skills
- Must have strong client and relationship management skills
- Must have a solid understanding of financial statements and accountingprinciples including valuation techniques and cash flow analysis
- Should have experience managing the credit quality of a portfolio ofcommercial banking clients that have credit needs, generally in the $500K-$5MMrange, and/or complex cash management requirements
WhatCIBC Can Offer You
What You Need To Know
- Flexible health benefits, stock purchase plan, competitive incentive pay and recognition programs
- Competitive salary and banking benefits
- Career growth, development and continuous learningopportunities
- Opportunity to be involved in CIBC events that helpour communities
- Click to learn more about Rewards& Recognition, Learning& Development, and EmployeeCommunity Involvement
Please click here to Apply On-Line.
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada at thelocation(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid workpermit or study permit that allows the candidate to fulfill the requirements ofthe role
- Due to the nature of the role, you are expectedto remain a minimum of 24 months in the role before you may be eligible forother job opportunities within the organization. For further information speakto your people manager.