|Address||Eastbridge Blvd, Waterloo, ON N2K 4C5, Canada
|For Sale By||Owner|
Antique Late 1800's Oak Gesso (Plaster) Framed Charcoal Portrait on Canvas 26 x 30"
*****NOTE I lowered the price from $200.00 to $85.00 as I recently dropped it and the frame broke a bit. It can be repaired. The Portrait is still 100% perfect. hence the $115.00 price drop).
- This is a very old (over 125 years old) Charcoal Portrait of a Woman wearing a stately Feather Hat and is hand painted in Charcoal on Canvass.
- It has writing on the back of the frame that says "Rachel Ca_ (missing part of the paper backing here ) Craig (Jim's Grandmother)"
- It is a heavy Solid Oak Frame gilded with Gesso (Plaster) carved ornately and painted with Gold.
- It shows an amazing patina and has all the proper aged characteristics of a picture that has been on a wall since the mid to late 1800's. It does have some water staining near the bottom.
- it has the original hardware and paper backing. Even the paper and wood on the back screams authentic antique appearance.
It has an amazing century plus old feel and look to it. The frame is a lovely piece of antique treasure.
A great picture to add to any antique art collection.
These can be seen or picked up in Waterloo in the Eastbridge/ Rim park Area day or night.
I can also have this delivered to an address in Oakville 5 min. from QEW & Bronte Road if you'd like?