|Address||London, ON N6G2M3
|For Sale By||Owner|
|More Info||Pop Culture Collectibles|
The Last Waltz Special Edition Rock Movie New DVD
- Director: Martin Scorsese
- Actors/Participants: Dr. John, Robbie Robertson, Ringo Starr, Muddy Waters, Bob Dylan, and others
- Format: Color, Dolby, DVD-Video, Special Edition
- Subtitled, Widescreen, NTSC, Import
- Language: English
- Subtitles: English, French, Spanish
- Region: Region 1 (US and Canada)
- Studio: Fox Video (Canada) Limited
- Release Date: May 7 2002
- Run Time: 117 minutes
- Condition: New in sealed packaging
Martin Scorsese's 1978 capsule history of the Band is mixed with footage of the group's allegedly last performance (certainly their last performance as a quintet) in this particularly stylish concert film. Scorsese shoots the players and their sundry guests with the same flair and enthusiasm one can see in the later The Color of Money or Goodfellas. He also proves a good interviewer with Band members, particularly Robbie Robertson, whose sleepy-sexy good looks make a star-calibre impression in close-up. But the film's real hook is the stage show, which features a rotation of rock legends (Van Morrison, Joni Mitchell, Paul Butterfield, Bob Dylan, and so on) playing with the Band before a wildly appreciative audience.
The Band's all-star farewell concert, "The Last Waltz," is the greatest rock concert movie ever made - and maybe the best rock movie, period.
Michael Wilmington was the Chicago Tribune movie critic back in 1978.
This classic recording was the standard all rock movies were forced to try and live up to, but couldn't.