|Address||670 Rue Auguste Mondoux, Gatineau, QC J9J 3K3, Canada
BMW, Audi and VW direct injection engines (2.0FSI and TSI and BMW 135/335/535 model engines) currently have carbon buildup issues on their valves because of the design of the direct injection system.
The fuel being injected directly in the combustion chamber isn’t going by the intake valves, like conventional combustion engines, causing the oil vapors to turn into carbon on contact with the hot intake valves.
In comparison on a conventional combustion engine the injectors are in the intake manifold, before the intake valves, so when fuel is injected it cleans the intake valves at every injection cycle.
BMW developed a valve cleaning process using walnut shells that we now offer for BMW Audi and Volkswagen engines.
The service requires the removal of the intake manifold to gain access to the valves, special adapters (we use the BMW official tools) then fit over the intake ports to blast the valves with walnut media. On the VW and Audi engines we also remove the injectors to decarbonize them manually and also reseal them to the head.
Common issues related to carbon buildup on the valves are misfires, lack of performance/sluggishness and decreased fuel economy.
Note; Vehicle pictured in this ad is a 2010 Tiguan 2.0T which add 159,000km, car would misfire at idle and be lacking performance, all the symptoms cleared away once the walnut cleaning service was performed on it.
This service should be performed every 60-80,000km to keep your car operating to factory specifications!
Contact us today to book an appointment!
Visit our website at OTTOSTADTMOTORWERKS.COM
List of affected cars:
A4/TT 2.0T 2006-2014
A6 3.2L 2006-2014
S4/RS4 3.0T and 4.2L - 2008-2014
Jetta/GTI 2.0T 2006-2014
Passat 2.0T 2006/2014
Tiguan 2.0T 2008-2014
BMW Models (N54 engine):
• 2007–2010 E90 Sedan 335i
• 2007–2010 E91 Touring 335i
• 2007–2010 E92 Coupé 335i
• 2007–2010 E93 Convertible 335i
• 2008–2010 E60 Sedan 535i
• 2008–2010 E82 Coupé 135i
• 2008–2010 E88 Convertible 135i
• 2009– BMW X6 xDrive35i
• 2009– BMW Z4 sDrive35i2009– F01 Sedan 740i
• 2011– E92 Coupé 335is
• 2011– E93 Convertible 335is
BMW Models equipped with the N55 Engine:
• 2010-2013 E92 335i Coupé (2011 model year)
• 2010-2011 E90 335i Sedan (2011 model year)
• 2009-current F07 535i GT (2010 model year)
• 2010-2012 E82 135i
• 2010-2013 E70 X5 xDrive 35i
• 2010-current F25 X3 xDrive35i
• 2013-current E84 X1 xDrive35i
• 2010-current F10 535i (2011 model year)
• 2012–present BMW F30 335i Sedan (2012 model year)
• 2011–present E71 X6 xDrive 35i (2013 model year) 2011-current F12 640i Coupé, Cabriolet (2012 model year)
• 2012-current F12 640i Gran Coupé (2013 model year)
• 2012-current F20 M135i
• 2012-current F01 740i/Li Sedan (2013 model year)
• 2012-current US-Spec E82/E88 135is Coupe/Convertible (2013 model year)
BMW Models equipped with the M57TU2D30 Engine:
• E60/E61 535d
• E70 X5 3.0sd
• E71 X6 xDrive35d
• E83 X3 3.0sd
• E90/E91 335d