Our goal is simple - to exceed expectations! Our entire team is dedicated to this vision from the initial inquiry to our Guests departure.
Your goal should be simple too...exceed expectations in all you do! We are currently recruiting for a Hotel Maintenance Supervisor to lead our team of Fix It Masters. You are a true Hotel project leader from start to finish and won't settle until it's done right, THE FIRST TIME!! Whether it's general/preventative maintenance, repairs, painting, wallpapering to repairing mechanical, electrical, kitchen, and laundry equipment you are up for the challenge and want to mentor others on all your tricks of the trade.
You are the one who loves getting in there and finding a solution, researching the how tos and putting your stamp of approval down.
- Responsible for the overall daily operation of the Maintenance Department within the Hotel
- Develops a long-term plan for preventative maintenance and asset protection
- Troubleshoots and repairs malfunctions in mechanical or electrical systems (e.g., HVAC, plumbing) and other equipment throughout the hotel
- Performs preventative maintenance assignments on a scheduled basis
- Oversees and maintains the grounds, guestrooms, public space, restaurant and property vehicles. (includes a Food Truck and Food Trailer)
- Oversees and performs maintenance at the B@THEMUSEUM Restaurant in Downtown Kitchener
- Communicates with hotel department heads to increase awareness of maintenance needs and ensure timely response to internal requests
- Maintains the building exterior and "curb appeal" (e.g., snow removal, lawn care, painting, and gardening)
- Implements and maintains a preventative maintenance program
We will be looking for a leader that has:
- Sound leadership in guest hospitality, exemplifying excellent customer service and creating a positive atmosphere for guest relations- Preference will be given for Hotel specific experience
- 2 years' experience in the engineering and maintenance or related professional area; technical training in HVAC/electrical/plumbing
- Must have the ability to communicate in English
- Must be willing to help Employees with their job duties and be a team player
- Physical requirements: climbing, reading, standing, walking and routinely lifting 25 lbs to 50 lbs
- Strong computer skills will be required i.e. Microsoft Office
Cambridge Hotel and Conference Centre