Our company is expanding into the Kingston market and we have several great opportunities now and in the future, with growth and development to Manager / General Manager and beyond.|
The Assistant Manager position assists in managing all aspects of a restaurant to ensure that Tim Hortons' standards around people, product, cleanliness and an exceptional guest experience are fulfilled. The Assistant Manager will also assist in sustaining, directing, and increasing sales growth and profit levels.
- Overall accountability for the operation of a restaurant ensuring people management: assists in the recruiting of new Team Members, training and developing existing Team Members and motivating and encouraging a team to achieve targets.
- Provides ongoing performance feedback and conducts and records regular performance reviews
- Assists the Restaurant Manager in building the restaurants' "bench strength" by identifying and developing high potential Team Members for progression to the next level.
- Communicates with all shifts on day to day operations and critical areas of focus
- Assists with establishing and enforcing proper security procedures to control theft and ensure Team Member and Guest safety
- Assists the Restaurant Manager in planning and working to budgets, maximizing profits and achieving sales and transaction targets including control of Food/Paper/Labour costs.
- Responsible for daily cash procedures and assists with financial reporting
Health & Safety
- Assists with ordering of supplies and overall building maintenance and cleanliness
- Displays knowledge of and works in compliance with applicable legislation including, food safety, health and safety, and employment standards.
- Is able to enforce and comply with pre-established Tim Hortons operating procedures.
- Ensures high standards of Guest experience are maintained.
- Resolves Guest complaints and turns potentially negative situations into positive ones.
- Assists Manager in running company-wide incentive programs
- Assists in maximizing shift coverage at all times, executes appropriate Shift Leadership and works as required in various areas during busy periods to maintain optimal hospitality and Exceptional Guest experiences.
- Manages scheduling to ensure adequate coverage on all shifts
- Understands the importance of supporting other Restaurant Leaders and presents a 'unified front' to all Team Members
- Works in compliance with the occupational health and safety legislation
- Uses or wears personal protective equipment or clothing as required
- Does not operate any equipment, machine, device or thing, or otherwise work in a manner that will endanger anyone
- Knows, understands and follows safe work practices and procedures
- Reports all injuries/illness, accidents, unsafe conditions, security incidents and any contravention of health and safety legislation, policies and procedures to the Restaurant Manager or Owner
- Responds to and corrects unsafe acts and conditions
- Enforces Team Member compliance in regard to the restaurant's health and safety policies and procedures
- Initiates performance counseling and takes disciplinary actions for non-compliance in matters related to health and safety
- Assists the Restaurant Manager with incident investigations, workplace inspections, and formulating action plans to deal with health and safety deficiencies and for improvement to the restaurant's health and safety practices and program
Job Requirements - Skills requirement
"We encourage applications from Indigenous Peoples, Newcomers to Canada, Aboriginal persons, youth, new immigrants or people with disabilities"
- Previous restaurant management experience (minimum 1 year)
- Post-secondary education (business management studies an asset)
- Food safety training certifications; Food Handler Certificate
- Leadership training courses and management level training and certification programs an asset
- Experience working with hospitality management systems, KPI management technologies to help drive business
- Proven leadership and problem solving skills
- Ability to grow sales and profitability
- A solid understanding of sales, profit performance, inventory procedures and analysis, as well as the ability to develop and execute action plans based on that analysis with direction from senior management
- Driven and focused. Passion for people and service excellence
- Ability to inspire, motivate and develop people through previous formal leadership training
- Working knowledge of POS systems
Saisethsons Group of companies owns 35 restaurants in Ontario and differentiates with a higher focus on Hospitality and promoting from within Tim Hortons locations throughout Ontario and is expanding into the Kingston, Ontario market. Our vision is to be a Tim Hortons leader in hospitality, team work, happiness, standards execution, coffee excellence, and fun by creating exceptional experiences for our Guests, Team Members and community.