- On Kijiji since January 2017
- View poster's other Ads : Senior Retirment Living Community
|Address||Kitchener, ON, Canada
|Job Offered By||Professional Employer|
|Company||Kitchener Area Senior Living Community|
Come join our culinary team at a retirement community in the Kitchener/Cambridge area where you can make a difference in the lives of our seniors. In this role you will prepare nutritious, appetizing, and attractive meals while working as a team with other food services members to provide smooth, efficient and safe operation of the kitchen area.
• Must be 18 years of age.
• Two years experience in institutional or full-service restaurant cooking.
• Ability to read and prepare recipes provided by the company.
• Knowledge of and ability to conform to food service sanitation practices.
• Maintains food handlers permit, CPR and first aid certification as necessary to fulfill state regulations.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to work in a team setting and be a team player.
• Ability to keep all business and operations information confidential.
• Possess excellent customer service skills.
• Ability to work under time constraints and meet department deadlines.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Review menus and daily log for instructions. Prepare meals following company menus and recipes. Use portion control policies and follow safe food handling procedures. Oversee preparation of serving carts. Serve food attractively and punctually. Follow proper procedures for covering, dating, labeling, and storing of food in a timely manner and complete leftover logs. Clean up following meals. Oversee food service staff in absence of Executive Chef or Sous Chef.
We do pre-employment background checks, employment verifications, and reference checks.
If interested, email your resume by January 17, 2017 with “Cook” in the subject line to email@example.com.