|Address||North Vancouver, BC V7M
|Job Offered By||Individual|
|Company||Cobs Bread Lonsdale Quay|
Are you looking for a new career?
COBS Bread is growing, and we’re looking for a Baker to join our team. We provide a fun work environment, comprehensive training, and excellent opportunities for career advancement. No experience needed, as long as you have the right attitude and you’re interested in learning new skills!
What’s in it for you?
• A fun work environment
• The satisfaction of baking from scratch, and pride in seeing the finished product you’ve helped create
• Potential for growth and development opportunities, including certified COBS Bread Baker Training and e-Learning
• Complimentary products on us every shift
• And more, including benefits for all full time employees.
As a Baker at COBS Bread, you will:
• Work as part of a small team to bake products from scratch early each morning, following carefully crafted recipes
• Be responsible for reading production schedules and recipes, measuring and mixing ingredients, molding and shaping dough, and processing everything through the ovens
• Also work alongside your team to keep the bakery clean, and provide delightful customer service.
What we’re looking for:
• You’re a morning person as shifts start as early as 2 AM
• You have your own transportation as your shifts will often start earlier than public transit is available
• Previous baking and/or customer service experience is an asset, but it’s not required. We’re happy to train you
• You have a positive attitude, good organizational skills, and a strong sense of urgency.
• Continuous standing/ walking for all tasks
• Frequent lifting and carrying up to 9 kg., occasional lifting and carrying up to 22 kg
• Frequent turning and reaching
• Constant use of both hands, with frequent wrist rotation and flexing, occasional forceful gripping
• Occasional pushing, pulling and some forward bending
If this position sounds like it could be the right opportunity for you, please apply online today!
While we thank you for your interest, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada to be considered for employment.
About COBS Bread
COBS Bread is part of Bakers Delight – an Australian-owned company established in 1980 operating as Bakers Delight in Australia and New Zealand, and as COBS Bread in Canada and the USA. Together we have grown to more than 700 bakeries across Australia, New Zealand, Canada and the USA. The entire network employs over 15,000 people, serving more than 2.1 million customers each week. All of COBS Bread’s baked goods are made on the same day they are sold, ensuring that everything is fresh and delightful. Any unsold items are donated daily to various local charities and food banks. The company's success can be attributed to the quality of our product, the development of our people and our warm and friendly customer service.
Accommodation is available upon request for applicants and employees with disabilities. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.