The Canadian Brewhouse is Western Canada's Premium sports lounge. With an award winning menu, more TVs than Best Buy*, and a great atmosphere, it's no wonder that The Canadian Brewhouse has won The Consumer's Choice Award 3 times!
*We may or may not actually have more TVs than Best Buy
We are looking for a qualified Assistant Manager for our Sherwood Park location. If you believe you have the right qualifications and are looking to grow with our team, apply today.
- Food and Beverage discounts
- Unique daily, weekly and monthly incentive program
- Advancement opportunities
- Corporate training opportunities
- Employee Referral Program
Under the guidance and support of the General Manager, the Assistant General Manager will be responsible for managing operations according to our policies, procedures and as it relates to CBH’s goals and expectations in providing our guests with a unique experience.
- Working closely with Bar Manager and ordering from our suppliers for large bar orders based on forecast for events and features and following par levels
- Monitoring and placing orders as necessary for smallware, cutlery, glassware, etc.
- Maintaining staff uniform inventory and placing orders as necessary
- Ensuring cleanliness of restaurant and ensuring necessary controls are in place as required
- Liaising with maintenance companies as required
- Maintaining bar schedule and planning for event nights
- Updating staff incentives sheet daily, awarding staff with prizes promptly
- Fielding new resumes, conducting interviews, hiring, conducting orientation, assisting with training, responsible for write-ups and termination of employees
- Training servers on Expo and following up with the Service Managers on Bartenders as well as communicating with the Top Servers on the progression
- Ensuring employee files are accurate and all required documents completed, and scanning to electronic employee file on shared drive
- Monitoring and updating out-of-stock items
- Fielding questions from staff pertaining to cash out discrepancies
- Monitoring and troubleshooting any building maintenance requirements and working with General Manager for necessary service calls
- Some payroll duties as required
- Taking minutes for all manager meetings and submitting to Head Office in a timely fashion
- All other duties as required by the General Manager
Qualifications and competencies:
- Enthusiastic, outgoing and positive attitude
- Organization and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to work as a team and with minimal supervision
- Willing to take initiative
- Maintaining a clean work environment
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Responsible liquor training certification required (ProServe in AB, SIRS in SK, Serving it Right in BC)
- Proven leadership skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Highly driven with an excellent work ethic
- Communication skills: Read, write and speak English
- Management experience an asset
If you feel you're a good fit for our culture, drop off your resume in person, apply via our website online application or respond with your resume to this ad today!
The Canadian Brewhouse Ltd.