|Address||Edmonton, AB T6T1K9
|For Sale By||Owner|
NETGEAR Arlo Wireless Indoor/Outdoor Security System with 6, 720p Cameras - White and 3 black silicone skin
Thinking about installing a video home security system, but concerned about the installation? The NETGEAR Arlo security system was so easy to set up. It’s the simplest system I have tested.
Setting Up the Arlo Video Home Security:
1. Set up the base station. Plug it in and connect to your router (both cords included.)
2. Put the batteries in the cameras. Each camera takes 4 batteries and all 8 were in the box. You can see where the batteries go on the bottom of the camera.
3. Sync each camera up to the base station by pressing the “SYNC” button on top of the camera. You must be close to the base station for it to work. I pressed it until I saw the blue light on the front flashing very quickly.
4. Download the NETGEAR Arlo app (iOS, Android.) You will need to set up a new account.
5. Place your cameras where you want them. For testing purposes, I put the Arlo in my Family Room (see it on the mantle of the fireplace?)
Arlo App Settings
The only settings I changed right away were the Motion on/off settings. I set it up so that during the night when we are asleep, I will get alerts if there is motion. I don’t want it during the day when I’m here and I know there is motion because it’s me. LOL! If we were to go on vacation, I would change this setting so that the motion is on all the time.
When the motion is on, you will receive an email and an alert on your phone from the app. The email includes a photo taken at the time the motion triggered the camera. You can also go to the app and see a 10 second (up to 120)video of what was going on.
When you open the app, you will see screen
I’m not using the cameras outside, but they are weather and
waterproof, so you could see what is going on outside your house
(-10C, but worked for me on -20)
At night, even with very little light, you can still see what is going on. The cameras have night vision.
Cost me $1500
Any questions, please reply