Full-Time, Caregiver. Optional accommodation available at no charge on a live-in basis. NOTE: This is not a condition of employment.
We are looking for a caregiver to work in our family’s home, who will be responsible for all tasks related to the care of our infant son. Position available October 2016. $11.54/hour. Must be flexible for day/afternoon/overnight scheduling.
• Create a stimulating, nurturing, and safe environment for our child.
• Supervise our child’s activities at all times.
• Plan and prepare meals and bottles for, and feed, our child.
• Dress and bathe our child.
• Place our child down for naps and bedtime
• Change diapers
• Potty train
• Perform housework related to child care, including washing children’s clothes, cleaning up after meals, tidying play areas, and washing bottles
• Teach our child good social manners
• Play, both indoors and outdoors
• Plan and lead educational activities, including reading.
• Discipline, when necessary
Job Qualifications and Requirements
• High school graduate
• Experience caring for children
• Training in early childhood education preferred
• First aid training and child and infant CPR
• Car, driver’s license, auto insurance, and safe driving history. (Not a requirement)
• Authorization to work in Canada
• English proficiency
• Reliable, honest, and trustworthy
• Physical ability to care for a young child
• Ability to plan, organize, and multitask with minimal supervision
• Police Vulnerable Sector Check required