|Address||Kitchener, ON N2G2S3
Hi there! Let me help you this holiday season whether it is with your parents, your kids, preparing meals or helping to clean. I am looking for private, part time work - available to start immediately.
My background is with seniors and nursing home settings, however I am also happy to help in the kitchen if you need an extra set of hands around the busy holidays, or to stay with your kids (of all ages, including new borns) if you have plans or simply need a night out.
Basically I am retired and needing to make some extra income, however I should mention that while I'm still mentally fit, at my age heavy lifting (20 lbs and over) and strenuous work for extended periods of time are not ideal (I'm 62, and worked for 15+ years changing seniors so my body is needing time to heal).
Here are a few highlights of my qualifications:
• Certified PSW with 15+ years of experience working in both residential care and group home care
• Trained and experience with Alzheimer’s, Gentle Persuasion, Palliative Care with Acute Care Certificate
• Current First Aid & CPR Level HCP with AED certification
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with knowledge of medical terminology
• Detailed, organized, able to keep detailed records as required
• Current police check, TB tested, reliable and trustworthy
• Punctual, flexible, willing to work evenings, weekends and holidays
Relevant work experience:
• Provided care and companionship for individuals and families during periods of incapacitation, convalescence or family disruption
• Administered bedside and personal care to clients such as bathing, dressing, grooming, transfers, personal hygiene, dressing and undressing
• Drove and accompanied clients to appointments, grocery stores, etc.
• Planned and prepared meals and special diets, and fed or assisted in feeding clients
• Took a genuine interest in the client, their life and the environment in order to create a true sense of companionship
• Performed routine health-related duties such as changing non-sterile dressings, assisted in the administration of medications and collected specimens under the general direction of home care agency supervisor or nurse
• Performed routine housekeeping duties such as laundry, washing dishes and making beds, dusted walls and furniture, swept and mopped floors, vacuumed carpets and furniture, scrubbed bathrooms
Oh! I almost forgot to mention my love for pets. I've always had dogs and cats around. Currently I have one cat and my apartment is suitable to look after one dog if needed, but I can also pet sit in your home if you prefer.
References are available upon request. The best way to get a hold of me is by calling my cell at 289-233-8123 or email email@example.com
Typically I charge $15-$18/hour depending on the nature of the job, but that is something we can work out. Flexible availability.
Thank you in advanced for your time & interest. Looking forward to hearing from you!