- Executes routine repairs and carries out minor maintenance operations to electrical, mechanical plumbing equipment and building.
- Paints, performs minor carpentry and maintains exterior grounds except those services performed under service contract.
- At regular intervals, inspects the entire premises from a maintenance and safety standpoint and files required reports with supervisor.
- Adheres to established facility policies and procedures, including safety rules and safe working practices.
- An employee, while assigned handyman responsibilities, will continue to fulfil all housekeeping and maintenance duties as required.
- Must have the ability to follow oral and written instructions in English..
- Ability to self regulate and work independently.
- Must be capable of performing necessary physical duties including the movement of heavy objects.
- Must be familiar with and able to carry out minor repairs to facility and equipment.
- Knowledge and training in plumbing, electrical, heating, water, gas, mechanical, plastering and painting
- Able to maintain and manage a budget.
- Detailed oriented with ability to track work done and record costs involved.
- Knowledge of Health and Safety.
- Current (within 6 months) Vulnerable Position/Sector Screening (VPS).