- On Kijiji since August 2015
- View poster's other Ads : Randstad Interim Inc.
|Address||4295 King Street East, Kitchener, ON, N2P 0C6
|Job Offered By||Professional Employer|
|Company||Randstad Interim Inc.|
Randstad Engineering is currently recruiting for an exciting opportunity for a Junior Mechanical Product Design Engineer for their automotive client in Oakville. |
This is a permanent opportunity with great benefits and lots of room for growth.
*Must have good experience with CATIA. Must have at least 1-2 years working experience at an Automotive company*
- Coordinate the design activities and design reviews by following the Engineering procedures.
- Participate in problem solving activities using a defined problem solving methodology, including customer specific methods (Eg. 8 D, 7 Step, 5 Phase, etc.)
- Preparation of the Design Failure Mode and Effects Analysis); DMFEA
- Practice and actively promote Design for Manufacturability.
- Tolerance stack ups and activity calculations of parts going together.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of manufacturing standard practices as it pertains to the design of products and machinery within the automotive industry.
- Analyze, develop and recommend design approaches necessary to meet production.
- Reviews drawings and supporting documentation to ensure compliance
- Build initial product samples. Actively support pre-production and early launch builds by providing hands-on technical assistance.
- Analyze, review and negotiate drawings changes as required to increase reliability and design robustness.
- International travel to customer sites
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experienced working with Unigraphics and/or CATIA and MS Office
- 3 -5 years of work experience in design within automotive manufacturing facility
- Extensive experience in 3D parametric modeling, including free form surfaces
- Experience in parts design and metal stamping
- Experience in delivering math data and drawings to OEM automotive customers
- Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering or
- College Diploma in Mechanical Engineering, Automotive
Randstad Canada is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve, and creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach her/his potential. We welcome applications from: women, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, visible minorities, and others who may contribute to diversification.
As part of our commitment to accessibility for all persons with disabilities, Randstad Canada will, upon the request of the applicant, provide accommodation during the recruitment process to ensure equal access to applicants with disabilities. Please contact your Randstad Recruiter/Consultant about your needs, and we will consult with you to ensure suitable accommodation is provided.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply; however, in accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
For all feedback on equity and accommodation needs, please contact your local Randstad Canada Branch.