- On Kijiji since August 2015
- View poster's other Ads : Randstad Interim Inc.
|Address||4295 King Street East, Kitchener, ON, N2P 0C6
|Company||Randstad Interim Inc.|
Our Brantford client is seeking to hire 2 CAD Drafting Technicians to join their team on a contractual basis.|
As a CAD Drafting Technician, you will have the opportunity to utilize your technical skills and experience working on large scale Industrial & Construction projects.
1. Ontario Building Code Knowledge
2. Autocad and 3D rendering
3. College diploma, Architectural or similar
4. Creative, Passion for buildings and architecture
5. Computer savvy
6. eager to learn and succeed in their career
The CAD Drafting Technician is responsible for creating working shop drawings of a very complex nature using advanced detailing techniques, from engineering documents, that are used to support the (4) Project Managers on various construction projects.
The Draftsperson will Coordinate drawings with customers and works closely with assigned Project Coordinators / Managers, Sales and Customers. Computer-aided design drafting (AutoCAD 3d) and Rivet Software will be utilized to an intermediate / advanced level to develop and or make changes to drawings.
- Generate construction and fabrication drawings using CAD / Rivet equipment and peripherals for a variety of commercial and Industrial construction projects.
- Produce / Re work documents that result in efficient project construction, maximizing production standards.
- Review contract documents and bring identified issues to project manager’s attention for clarification and resolution through the Request for Information (RFI) process.
- Collaborate with other Team Members to ensure schedules are met.
- Provide completed complex construction drawings to the shop for parts manufacture and to the job site to use in installation of material.
- Maintain construction drawings through project completion.
- Provide technical support to Sales, Plant and other team Members as needed.
Education: 2-3 year advanced Diploma Civil or Architectural Engineering or equivalent required.
- Minimum 1 year trade experience in Drafting required.
- Experience with AutoCAD 3d rendering required. Rivet would be an asset.
- Knowledge of current industry practices with regard to Construction, Building codes
- Knowledge and experience working with Bylaws and greenspace zoning an asset
- Ability to read and interpret construction drawings and specifications.
- Ability to work with Metric and Imperial Drawings.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to multi-task, effectively prioritize tasks, and meet deadlines.
- Exhibit strong attention to detail and autonomy
- Self-starter with the desire to take initiative and bring new ideas to the team.
Randstad Canada is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve, and creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach her/his potential. We welcome applications from: women, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, visible minorities, and others who may contribute to diversification.
As part of our commitment to accessibility for all persons with disabilities, Randstad Canada will, upon the request of the applicant, provide accommodation during the recruitment process to ensure equal access to applicants with disabilities. Please contact your Randstad Recruiter/Consultant about your needs, and we will consult with you to ensure suitable accommodation is provided.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply; however, in accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
For all feedback on equity and accommodation needs, please contact your local Randstad Canada Branch.