815 Bridge Street West
This position transports materials from Distribution center to construction sites. May also haul gravel or other materials to dump sites.
- Operate and drive primarily straight trucks, pick up trucks to transport goods and materials mainly on local routes and short inter-urban routes
- Perform pre-trip, en route and post-trip inspection and oversee all aspects of vehicle such as condition of equipment, and loading and unloading of cargo
- Ensure all cargo is secured properly prior to transport
- May drive special purpose trucks such as tow trucks or dump trucks
- May perform emergency roadside repairs
- May drive as part of a two-person team or convoy
- May transport hazardous products or dangerous goods.
- Able to successfully complete WHMIS and Transportation of Dangerous Goods training
- Other duties as required.
- Completion of secondary school required
- 5+ years commercial driving experience required
- A Class 3 or D License is required or ability to obtain this