- On Kijiji since November 2014
- View poster's other Ads : Manpower
|Address||, London, ON,
Permanent job opportunity with a leading global automotive manufacturing company. Offering top compensation package including profit sharing, pension plan, exceptional benefits package etc. Location: London, Ontario -- St Thomas area.|
POSITION SUMMARY: As Weld Technician – the person is responsible and accountable for the welding process on his/her shift. Responsibilities include, but not limited to, inspecting/testing, troubleshooting, find and fix parameter audits, corrective action, process improvement and training for all welding processes. The Weld Technician ensures that the welding is done in accordance with customer weld specifications and the control plan using assigned equipment/machinery in any of the division’s welding departments.
1. Understands content of weld inspection reports. Can retrieve/review data from the weld database
2. Strong team player. Works well in cross functional teams.
3. Strong problem solving/trouble shooting skills. Takes lead on weld related failures
4. Validation of corrective action for the welding.
5. Able to create clear and accurate documentation for control of weld parameters.
6. Understands and can apply customer (AIAG CQI-15) and internal weld specifications and standards.
7. Initiate corrective action and/or containment with Quality Auditors for any noncompliance.
8. Assists in control & management of all welding visual aids, weld maps, tip trays, etc.
9. Complete shift report for the team regarding various issues with directions for the next shift.
10. Understands PPAP requirements.
11. Able to prepare accurate and concise customer reports, weld summaries, charts for prioritization of corrective actions and management review.
12. Understands and has the ability to complete correlation studies between destructive and non- destructive testing.
13. Sound technical understanding of weld quality standards including weld appearance and weld location - GMAW, RW-S, RW-P.
14. Understands 5S. Ability to implement
15. Actively supports the EI program
16. Microsoft Office, ADP, Parklane, Training Database, etc.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
1. Minimum of a Weld Engineering or Manufacturing Engineering Technician diploma (2 years), with 2 years practical welding experience. Weld Engineering or Manufacturing Engineering Technologist diploma (3 years) is preferred.
2. Good mathematical, organizational and communication skills.
3. Experience / working knowledge in robotic mig and resistance welding.
4. Experience with destructive and non-destructive testing.
5. Knowledge of Word 97/2000, Excel and Power Point.
6. Skill gained by experience - over 4 months in welding environment.