Customer Service Representative
Working for a company dedicated to personal career growth and the opportunity to have an impact in moving the organization forward. Challenger Motor Freight Inc. is a Platinum Club Member in Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies.
It’s not by chance that Challenger is a leading North American freight transportation company. In 40 years, Challenger has grown from one person with a vision and a truck to an international transportation and supply chain management company.
- Passionate about your career development?
- Interested in a cool working environment in a state of the art facility?
- Do you like to work in a team atmosphere?
- Would you benefit from engaged coaches and mentors?
- Someone who likes company paid Health, Dental, and Vision plan?
- Eager to provide exceptional customer service and have fun doing it?
- Passionate about people and owning the voice of the customer?
- Creative thinker and determined to win using your awesome problem resolution skills?
- Then we have a great opportunity for you!
What’s in it for you?
The Customer Service team works in a fast paced team environment and acts as a point of contact for our customers. The CSR will understand and communicate their customer’s service requirements and develops solutions to meet these needs.
What do you get to do?
- Use your excellent customer service skills to ensure shipment information is entered accurately
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with your fabulous conversation skills
- You get to interact with really cool customers to schedule pickup and delivery appointments
- Maintain customer profiles and ensure all special requirements are noted in the profile and order by showcasing your attention to detail
- Trace shipments and provide updates to customers using your amazing communication skills via phone, email or web reporting
- Work in our open concept team for customer resolution and pricing
- Ability to solve customer service failures while showcasing your sense of urgency
- Use your magic and communicate with customers in a courteous and timely manner
- Conduct and represent oneself in a professional manner to enhance the interests and reputation of Challenger
What do you have?
- Do you have 2 years’ experience in corporate customer service or a call center?
- Experience in the transportation industry considered an asset, but it’s ok if you don’t
- Post-Secondary Degree or Diploma is a plus, as we want you to finish school
- Commitment to customer satisfaction and customer focused because we like our customers
- High level of personal energy, uniqueness and willingness to take the initiative in resolving issues
- Must be able to work as a team player and chat things out
- Ability to handle situations that can be tricky and make sure everyone is happy
- You get to work with minimal supervision because the manager’s busy too
- Working knowledge of MS Office because we don’t have Word Perfect anymore
- Strong organization and communication skills with an enjoyable telephone mannerism
- Willingness to learn because learning is growth, and we want you to grow within our company
When can you do this?
Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday: 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM
This job will require you to work the occasional stat holidays in rotation (except Christmas)
No phone calls, please. We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Challenger Motor Freight
At Challenger, we recognize the efforts and contributions of our hard working and efficient team with:
* Employee and community charity events
* Employee meetings
* Special industry rates
* Driver appreciation week
* Safe driving awards
* Environmentally sound workplace<https://www.challenger.com/about/green-initiatives/>
We provide an exciting and challenging work environment with the resources necessary to advance your career such as:
* Promotional opportunities
* Funding for educational advancement
* Strategic goal planning support
* Onsite training and development
* Employee well-being assistance program
As one of Canada's 50 best-managed companies we strive to involve ourselves in the community through such endeavors as:
* Financial support to local health and children's charities<https://www.challenger.com/about/charity/>
* E-newsletter and blog with company, industry and regulation updates