Purpose of the Job:|
As a member of the branch sales team, the primary responsibilities for this position will be to understand the financial needs of our Members and provide the appropriate advice and recommendations to fit their needs. This will include opening new accounts, offering less complex credit and investment advice as well as proactively identifying and promoting opportunities for Meridian products and services. In this role the Financial Services Representative will be responsible for meeting and exceeding specific individual and team based business goals. While providing the right financial solutions the incumbent will genuinely build and develop relationships with Members which will deepen their overall relationship with Meridian Credit Union. Individuals in this role will be expected to proactively engage in activities such as revenue generating and sales based activities, foster relationships and leverage referrals. This position will also provide support as needed to the Member Service Representatives. This position is an excellent entry point for career oriented candidates who are interested in a future sales leadership position with Meridian.
- Within approval limits approve or provide recommendations on less complex credit products such as loans, lines of credit, and credit cards based on thorough, accurate and appropriate credit interviewing and underwriting skills
- Provide investment advice by identifying and promoting Meridian investment offerings and wealth solutions that fit and meet our Member needs
- Open new Member accounts using account opening strategies. Develop rapport with Members, identifying Member needs and expectations and align products and services based on the identification of those needs
- Willingness to obtain Mutual fund accreditation and maintain thorough knowledge of economic and market conditions
- Actively lead revenue generation and sales based activities in order to achieve performance targets
- Use Meridian tools to proactively identify and promote opportunities with all Members to deepen relationships and provide seamless service experiences
- Identify and drive referrals to appropriate partners in Retail, Wealth, Small Business and Commercial
- Through sales excellence earn the right to ask for the business and drive new referrals
- Resolve problems at first point of contact where possible and refer to more complex Member concerns to appropriate staff
- Provide support to our service team by proactively responding to Member-initiated contacts, delivering fast, friendly efficient service, assisting with financial transactions such as but not limited to deposits, withdrawals, cheque cashing and ordering, bill payments, money orders and transfers, and foreign currency exchanges. This is a sales role and service support is as needed but limited to a maximum of 20% of the overall role
- Balance and process daily work in accordance to standard compliance, audit, policies and procedures
Experience the Difference!
- Post-secondary education or equivalent work experience in a financial services sales environment
- Willingness to obtain mutual fund accreditation
- Strong business acumen and financial industry knowledge
- Passion for sales
- Excellent organizational and Member service skills
- Strong technical skills
- Flexible to work all scheduled hours which may include evenings and weekends
Thank you for your interest in Meridian Credit Union. Please note that due to the volume of applications, only those under consideration will be contacted for an interview.
Meridian is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. Should you require an accommodation, we will partner with you to meet your needs.
Meridian Credit Union