Required to demonstrate a high degree of customer awareness while accurately and expediently processing customers at the checkout. Responsible for processing all general purchases with a focus on generating add-on sales.
- 90% or more of the Associate's time is spent in the Cashier function
- Adheres to proper checkout procedures
- Accepts proper forms of prescribed tender
- Completes and balances all daily cash register paperwork and obtains verification
- Properly secures company funds
- Ensures that all personal parcels (bags, totes, backpacks, purses, etc.) are checked by a manager prior to leaving the store premises
- Stocks/maintains front-end racks/shelves and merchandise areas as assigned
- Monitors stock levels of paper, register printer ribbons, supplies, cash register supplies, shopping bags, etc. and acts accordingly to low levels
- Occasionally, but not regularly, assists in the Service and/or Copy areas as needed.
- Certification in the "Selling Skills" program within the first 90 days of employment
- Constant display of accuracy and professionalism while processing customer purchases
- Greet and communicate with customers in a friendly, courteous and business-like manner
- Excellent telephone etiquette, according to company standards
- Experience: Three months to one year of previously related experience
- Education: Successful completion of high school
- Conditions of the work environment are such that minor stress or physical discomfort may occur
- You are required to stand in a stationary position for periods of time generally not exceeding two consecutive hours. This would occur while working a cash register
- You will be exposed to moderately disagreeable levels of noise generated by the high-speed copiers and the continual ringing of the telephone and internal paging system
Staples is committed to providing accommodation to people with disabilities throughout the job application and interview process to the point of undue hardship. If you require an accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact a Customer Care Representative at 1-866-782-7537.
Please click here to Apply On-Line.