Bilingual Customer Service Representative (English-French Canadian) – Work from Home|
Service à la clientèle bilingue - français canadien - anglais - Travail à domicileWe’ve all been there… you want to order a new service, have a question, or are experiencing an outage with your phone provider, an online retailer, your entertainment system. You pick up the phone to dial that 1-800 customer service number. Did you know that you might just be speaking to one of the 5,000+ SYKES Home Customer Care Professionals and that person might just live around the corner? That’s right... SYKES Home is currently hiring caring individuals to provide high-quality, bilingual customer service for some of the world’s largest brand names right from their own home. Technology has allowed us to build an entire business around putting people to work at home.
SYKES Home's work at home jobs provide thousands of people the unique opportunity to earn extra income while achieving work-life balance. There are numerous reasons people want or need to work from home — children, elderly parents, school, disabilities, medical conditions, flexible schedule, additional income, location and more.
JOIN OUR PEOPLE-FIRST TEAM
The option to care for customer needs from home can be a challenging, yet rewarding career, particularly for individuals unfamiliar with the virtual work at home model. Our business is people serving people, that’s why we are striving to be a people-first culture… we believe taking care of our own employees is the foundation to providing a superior customer experience. At SYKES Home, we prepare you for the job you were hired to perform through training and resources, a dedicated support team and the tools necessary to help you develop and succeed!
What you need to be a bilingual work at home associate (Basic Requirements):
- Fluent English – read, write, speak
- Fluent French Canadian – read, write, speak
- PC running Windows Vista or Windows 7
- Minimum 20 GB free hard drive disk space
- Minimum 2 GB RAM
- 2.0 GHz Dual Core Processor required (multi-core and faster speeds of processor are also acceptable)
- Monitor with minimum screen resolution of 1024x768 (1280x1024 recommended)
- Sound card and speakers to listen to audio files
- Current Anti-Virus software with updated definitions
- Current anti-spyware software Firewall installed & operating -or- Windows firewall turned on
- Subscription to a reliable, high-speed, hard-wired, bi-directional Internet connection, DSL or Cable
- Internet Explorer 8 or later
- Highly Recommended: A home router with at least the following features:
- IP address routing
- Network Address Translation (NAT)
- DHCP functions
- Firewall functions
- LAN connectivity like a network switch *Some SYKES Home Customer implementations REQUIRE a router
- Analog landline that meets one of these requirements:
- Plain Old Telephone Service (POTS) – traditional landline phone service using a dedicated copper pair to the home.
- Cable – phone service from a Cable TV service provider.
- Fiber-Optic – phone line provided by a local phone service.
- The telephone must be a corded traditional telephone. No cordless, cellular/wireless or VoIP phones (Vonage, AT& T ; CallVantage, etc.).
- You are required to purchase two different types of headsets – a USB headset for online training and a telephone headset for taking live customer calls.
What to expect in the application / hiring process
- Comfortable and ergonomically safe furniture and office set-up
- Quiet, free of any background noise (we have a zero tolerance policy for noise)
What do you receive in return?
- Applying Online – The application itself is short… similar to other organizations. Once you have completed your application, you will go right into the assessment process… This can take some time and is much easier on a laptop or desktop computer than a tablet or mobile device.
- Assessments – The assessments are designed to understand your capabilities and skills. We use these to recommend the best possible fit for you within our clients’ business needs. What that means is that we are interested in your success right from the get-go.
- Status of Application – You may not hear back from us right away. We encourage you to be a bit patient as we seek out just the right opportunity for you. Please watch your email as this is our most common and expedient way to reach you.
- Interview – When we find a position we believe you might be interested in, we will invite you to join us on a virtual interview. Like everything else in our process, it is 100% online and over the phone. The interview consists of both individual and group discussions. Interviews will be conducted in English.
- Offer – If you are offered a position and choose to accept, you will be asked to complete the required paperwork and pre-employment checks just as you would with any other employer. Because you are working remote, it may involve a bit of extra running around.
- Competitive compensation
- Regular paycheck
- Set schedule
- Rewards and recognition
- Comprehensive training
- Ongoing coaching assistance and support while taking calls
- Career advancement opportunities
- Self-satisfaction in your ability to help with solutions