|Address||Burlington, ON L7R
|Pet's Date of Birth||18-May-10 (6 years old)|
- 6 years old but NO signs of slowing down, recently vaccinated(oct 2016), 120lbs(smaller Great Dane)|
- is (spoiled) use to being taken out for an actual walk every four hours, as I work close by.
- Has lived his whole life in an apartment, would do better with a yard to play in and save you from having to walk him so many times a day.
- No food aggression at all(toddler can put her hand in food bowl while he's eating and he doesn't care) but he will go through kitchen garbage pail if left out in the open, and enjoys trying to steal your food off counter or table if you leave the room for even a second.
- Doesn't pull on leash while walking, could care less about squirrels, skunks, raccoons. BUT...
- Has aggression when being walked with some people and most dogs walking towards him. It's at the point where crossing the road to avoid others is the safest choice. If someone asks if they can pet him, our answer now is "no, he is aggressive". We can't chance that he could try jump towards them, or worse bite.
- That being said, he has never bitten anyone, but that could be from us being so aware when walking him and knowing how to read his signs and being proactive.
- The vet has to trim his nail, he hates it that much that not just anyone can do it. They usually sedate him for vaccines, check up and trim his nails just for ease.
- Why are we giving him up? Well...it's with the heaviest heart...I don't even know how I'll get through it. He has to be separated from our daughter sometimes because they love to play together but his size makes it too dangerous. Which means he spends lots of time alone, which he doesn't like. Our finances have changed and if he were to need vet care at this point we would no be able to take care of him properly. I am having physical issues in this current pregnancy which makes me walking extremely painful. On top of that it has become too dangerous to walk him with my toddler and soon to be infant. I can't guarantee I can keep them all safe if he tries to jump at someone. We have issues in the apartment building with other dogs so the stairwell has become a really scary place for us to get in and out throughout the day when we pass others.
- It sounds worse than it is, he is just living with the wrong family at this point. I also don't want to lie or evade the truth of our dog and have him end up in the wrong hands. I imagine him being happiest in a home with a yard, where he won't have to be separated from his family, and with someone that has some knowledge of large breeds and is comfortable and confident with him. Perfect companion, loves snuggles and being pet and ear rubs.
- Serious inquiries only please.
Things you should know about buying or adopting a pet
While pet sellers can be reputable individuals or breeders who treat their animals well, the ease of selling pets over the Internet also makes it attractive to careless, irresponsible breeders and scammers. To protect yourself, you must be careful and believe only what you see and not what you are told. It is highly recommended to arrange for an inspection of the home where the pets are bred. This allows you to check that the mother and other animals are living in suitable conditions, being well cared for, and are in good health.
Remember that the Kijiji Pets section is NOT intended to facilitate uncontrolled breeding, irresponsible commercial pet trading, trade of dogs or any other animal for the purpose of fighting or stud services. Any ads that are suspected of promoting this kind of activity or reported to us will be removed. Users are responsible for adhering to the applicable conditions in relation to adopting, buying, selling or listing of an ad on Kijiji.
Kijiji encourages, where possible, the adoption of pets and encourages all pet owners to have their animals spayed or neutered as well as microchipped.
When looking for a pet, it is important to meet the breeder or seller and examine the pet before agreeing to anything. Since Kijiji is local to your community, this should be easy to arrange. Never adopt/buy a pet from someone who is unwilling to let you see how and where the animal is living!
Find more information about Pet Ownership here >
Kijiji Pet Welfare Partners:
The above message is from an independent, third-party provider and Kijiji is not responsible for its products or services.