Physical & Mental Requirements:
- Observes and reports activities and incidents at an assigned client site, providing for the security and safety of client property it's asset's and personnel.
- Makes periodic patrols to check for irregularities and to inspect protection devices and fire control equipment.
- Preserves order and may act to enforce regulations and directives for the site pertaining to personnel, visitors, and premises.
- Controls access to client site or facility through the admittance process.
- Patrols assigned site on foot or in vehicle; checks for unsafe conditions, hazards, unlocked doors, security violations, blocked entrances and exits, mechanical problems, and unauthorized persons.
- Satisfy client needs by providing excellent customer service while minimizing risk to the client's property and assets.
- Monitors intrusion detection systems using automated alarm and video monitoring software.
- Protects evidence or scene of incident in the event of accidents, emergencies, or security investigations.
- Responds to incidents of fire, medical emergency, bomb threat, flooding, water discharge, elevator emergency, hazardous materials, inclement weather, and other incidents.
- Use of communication systems to report and inform.
- Prepares logs and reports as required.
- With or without reasonable accommodation, the physical and mental requirements of this job may include the following: seeing, hearing, speaking, and writing clearly. Occasional reaching with hands and arms, stooping, kneeling, crouching and crawling. Frequent sitting, standing and walking, which may be required for long periods of time, and may involve climbing stairs and walking up inclines and on uneven terrain. Additional physical requirements may include, frequent lifting and/or moving up to five (5) Kilograms and occasional lifting and/or moving up to eleven (11) Kilograms.
- Must be able to meet and continue to meet any applicable Provincial and municipal licensing requirements for Security Guards.
- Must be available to work on all shifts: days, evenings and nights inclusive of rotational shifts.
- Must have the ability to use a computer and operating controls along with client security software applications.
- Must be fluent in English and/or French.