Join our team of School Bus Drivers Today!|
FIRST STUDENTis now providing free, friendly training for steady part-timeschool bus drivers (and in some cases spare drivers).
Hours of Work:
- Approximately 7:00AM to 9:00AM and 3:00PM to 5:00PM, Monday to Friday (September to June) on school days only (exact times vary depending on school times and individual routes)
- In most cases there is potential for optional/additional kindergarten or "noon" routes and or field & charter trips during the school year and the summer.
Our school bus drivers are not required to work on weekends, evenings or school holidays. While additional work may be available, it is not mandatory.
School Bus Driver Duties:
- Safely drive students to and from school, following a prescribed route, on a daily basis during the school year.
- Perform daily vehicle circle check safety inspections, documenting & reporting according to company, school & government regulations.
- Comply with all company & government regulations, laws & policies.
- School Bus Drivers must Communicate clearly and interact with parents, school employees, passengers, co-workers & the general public in a courteous, professional manner as required.
School Bus Driver Rate of Pay:
Varies by location, length of route & vehicle type, but is usually favourable when compared to other part-time pay rates.
In some locations, (if not prohibited by school district regulations, you can bring your pre-schooler with you on the route).
Please apply today!
- The minimum age to hold a school bus driver's licence is 21 years.
- Professional experience may be helpful but is not required, as completely free, friendly, professional training is provided.
- Must be willing & able to successfully complete our training program.
- Must hold a valid (non-probationary) driver's licence for the province you are applying in.
- Must enjoy driving and working with children.
- Must possess a good driving record.
- Must communicate clearly in English or French (depending on area and school district requirements).
- Must undergo & pass Ministry prescribed Medical examination.
- Must undergo criminal record search and other background checks with satisfactory results.
- No criminal record for which a pardon has not been granted.
- Experience working with children & the public is an asset.
- Must be safety-minded, courteous, and able to demonstrate an appreciation for the importance of customer service.
- If you enjoy driving & working with children, this could be the perfect, secure, part-time job for you. This is a chance to make a difference in a child's life, and maybe your own as well.
First Student Canada