- On Kijiji since June 2014
- View poster's other Ads
|Address||Emerald Park, SK S4L 1B6, Canada
|Job Offered By||Professional Employer|
Position: Class 1 Driver; Bulk Hoppers & Dry Vans
Required by: ASAP
Status: Full Time
Location: White City, SK
D.J. Knoll Transport Ltd., a division of Canada Cartage System LP, is a recognized leader in the transportation of bulk hopper, dry van, and liquid freight. As a CT-PAT and FAST approved bonded carrier we are involved in cross-border freight movements. We are committed to being the Preferred Carrier by providing the greatest value to our customers, employees, communities and the environment.
With locations across Canada, Canada Cartage is a recognized leader in transportation logistics delivering customized solutions for the transportation, distribution and warehousing marketplace.
DJ Knoll in White City, SK is seeking experienced Class 1 Drivers to service a multitude of our accounts. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, flexible schedules, advancement opportunities and career development.
We are looking for new drivers that are willing to take a new step into a new career. We are offering new drivers a chance to take our Class 1 Training Course and receive 50% of their money back after 6 months of working for us. This includes:
• 3 week training course to successfully complete Class 1 license training
• 50% money back after 6 months of employment
• Super B / Grain Hopper Experience
• Competitive $ / mile rates
• Safety Bonuses
• Monday to Friday work schedule
• Dedicated Equipment
• AB/SK/MB Driving experience
• Safely and efficiently, inspect, operate and maintain company and customer issued equipment in accordance with Transport regulations, company and customer policies and procedures.
• Document and directly report all safety related equipment defects to Canada Cartage and, when applicable, to the customer’s dispatch.
• Continuously exercise safe-work-practices when engaged in work related activities (e.g. using material handling equipment, when manually handling cargo, and vehicle backing, etc.).
• Maintain timely communication with the company Dispatch office to report daily activity such as arrival and departure time, delays, unscheduled breaks, workplace injuries, motor vehicle collisions, and cargo, equipment, and property loss/damages.
• Accurately complete and submit all documentation required for payroll, customer billing, hours of service, vehicle maintenance, etc.
• Continuously comply with current Hours of Service and TDG regulations.
• Inspect cargo prior to acceptance and apply appropriate cargo securement as per NSC Standard 10.
• All other duties as reasonably assigned.
• Hold a valid Class 1
• Provide a clean 3 year commercial driver abstract; valid within the past 30 days and no more than 3 demerits and 3 negative events
• Must be Clean Shaven due to PPE requirements
• Provide a clear criminal background check; must be bondable
• Must be able to lift 50lbs unassisted – unloading of grain will be required
If you meet the above qualifications, please respond to this ad and attach a resume and/or Drivers Abstract.
We would like to thank all those expressing an interest in this position; however only qualified candidates will contacted.
Committed to employment equity, Canada Cartage Systems LP encourages applications from Aboriginal people, members of visible minority groups and women.
Owner Operator Opportunities available as well. Contact for details.