- On Kijiji since July 2016
- View poster's other Ads
|Address||Winnipeg, MB, Canada
|Job Offered By||Professional Employer|
|Company||Progressive Waste Solutions|
*Front-End Waste Driving experience is required*
The Driver Front-End Load ensures safe operation of a truck, while driving, loading/unloading. The driver drives to customer location for pick up, and hoists bin onto truck to empty contents using a hydraulic lift. The driver proceeds to subsequent customers until the truck has a full load, and then dumps the load at a transfer station before continuing customer pickups.
• Ensure safe operation of a truck, while driving and loading.
• Drive to customer location for pickup, and position truck safely to ensure an easy lift.
• Hoist bin onto truck and empty contents using hydraulic lift. (Note: for side load, roll bins and hook on side of truck to lift)
• Replace bin (may need to unlock/relock gate or bin) and lift next bin.
• Engage blade to pack/compact loads (after lifting a few bins).
• Ensure customer satisfaction through reliable service (e.g., arrive on schedule, pick-up all bins, clean up waste that falls out of bin when lifting, relock/reclose bins)
• Resolve blocked access, if possible, (e.g., honk horn or call dispatcher/customer; take picture of vehicle blocking access, return for later pick-up if scheduled to be in area later).
• Complete special pickups, as requested by Dispatcher. Note: In total, complete about 100-120 customer pickups a day, depending on the route.
• Dump contents at designated transfer station or landfill. (Typically after 20-40 bins, when compacting blade moves less than halfway; depending on route, weight and truck capacity or if landfill closes early, may dump contents earlier).
• Drive to transfer station to weigh vehicle (weigh in and out, if not at PWS facility), obtain a ticket for weight of contents and enter weight into system on truck.
• Unload contents by moving blade forward, using safe procedures; manually clean out debris trapped behind blade, and return blade to front of truck.
• Review run sheet listing calls and identify any potential issues.
• Sequence runs to optimize time (periodically), using a map. Schedule time sensitive calls starting with outside bins without by-law restrictions, busy streets, or calls likely to be blocked later. Modify run to add new customers.
• Provide run sheet to Dispatch to sequence run in TRUX.
• At beginning of shift, complete a circle check of truck, review safety issues, tires, lights, fuel, check oil and coolant levels, etc.
• At end of shift, fuel truck and complete post shift check of truck (e.g. turn air tanks and main battery off).
• Document any concerns to be checked by mechanic and complete VCR.
• Commercial drivers’ license is required and must be maintained.
• Front-End Loader Truck experience
• Excellent spatial skills to position vehicle and bins effectively and drive accident free.
• Effective communication skills to convey information to dispatcher and customers.
• Knowledge of the area and traffic patterns in order to schedule a run or take a detour is a strong asset.
• Physically mobile: able to climb in and out of truck to unlock/lock bins (or roll recycling containers) and to clean out truck after dumping contents.
• Seated in a truck, may need to be outside (exposed to heat/cold, rain) briefly to unlock or lock bins or enclosures.
• Need to climb into truck after unloading at transfer station and sweep or shovel out some debris. Lifting over 10 pounds rarely required.
• For side load, needs to climb in and out of truck at each customer site and roll bins weighing about 20 to 40 pounds (depends on contents e.g., cans vs paper) a few feet to truck and back.
• Exposed to elements for a few minutes at each larger site.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
Job Type: Full-time
• High school or equivalent
• Front Loader Garbage Truck: 2 years
• Waste Industry: 2 years
Required license or certification:
• Class 3 Drivers License