|Address||Eastbridge Blvd, Waterloo, ON N2K 4C5, Canada
|For Sale By||Owner|
Mint Condition Polk Audio RT-600 Stereo Tower Loudspeakers
I moved and sadly have to wean down my stereo equipment. I used these in a room in my last home and have no room for these in my new place.
they are wonderful speakers and I have taken meticulous care of them. You will be hard pressed to find a blemish anywhere on them. They are like new.
They did not get used very often even when i did have them set up as I often used another room with a set of Paradigms set up in that other room.
These speakers sound amazing, look awesome and are priced excellent!
Here is a stereo Magazine review that i thinks sums these up perfectly.
How Do They Sound?
The Polk RT600i loudspeakers have a tonally-balanced, clean, neutral sound. Unlike many speakers that are partially marketed for home theater, they lack the shrill and sibilant high frequencies so commonly found in that market. In fact, the mids and highs are so well balanced, that vocals and acoustical instruments sound surprisingly clean and natural. With stringed instruments, the plucking of the strings, the movement of the artist's fingers, even the resonance of the instrument is clearly reproduced.
Male vocals lack any congestive sound; female vocals sound clear without a hint of the nasal quality that haunts so many competitively-priced speakers. Bass, while strong and surprisingly deep, is not boomy and overpowering, but instead is reasonably quick and very clean. These speakers are very good at reproducing music (They also work quite well with movies...).
The output of the RT600i speakers is very neutral, providing clean and natural sound across its audible frequency range. The rated frequency response of 45Hz to 25KHz seems accurate; the Polk accurately reproduces sounds well below 50Hz. This is quite remarkable for a loudspeaker in this price range with a single, 16.5cm woofer.
The RT600i speakers are very accurate and detailed, allowing the listener to hear everything on the recording. In particular, when volume is kept low, musical details that might escape lesser speakers remain audible and intelligible. Dynamic range of the RT600i is also excellent. When music with great dynamic range is played, the softest passages remain clean and clearly audible while the loudest passages are delivered with force and tangible presence.
Combining the RT600i with a mere 35 watts per channel results in a system with the ability to play softly and sweetly, or to rock out; this is a speaker that will impress music lovers, although teenagers might miss the hollow booming bass common to many competitively-priced, popular speakers.
While many people believe that floorstanding speakers do not allow good soundstaging, the RT600i gives proof that this is not necessarily true. The soundstage of this speaker is excellent; at its best, it is wide and deep. There is sufficient air between instruments to accurately place them within the soundstage, not only left to right, but front to back as well.
This effect is aided by the wonderfully detailed presentation. While some credit may go to Polk's proprietary ARC port, which is designed to clean up midrange sound, the fact that this floorstander has only two, closely spaced drivers on a raised bezel seems likely to be a large contributor to the spacious soundstage. The driver spacing and location is similar to that of a small monitor speaker placed on a stand; small monitors are often lauded for their soundstaging cabability.
However, compared to a small monitor on a tall stand, the RT600i has greater internal volume and much higher efficiency than most small monitors allowing deeper bass with less power while still maintaining the large soundstage. Proper speaker placement was easy to achieve; the Polk is relatively easy to place and still achieve excellent results. With a little experimentation it was found that a little toe-in assists the imaging, and keeping the speakers at least 50cm away from the wall results in excellent tonal balance.
Unlike some manufacturers, Polk does not seem to overestimate the sensitivity of this speaker. When the pair of RT600i loudspeakers was connected to a pair of low-powered amplifiers (4 watts per channel), they handled the change beautifully. The highs sounded just as clean and clear.
The mid-range sounded even better with the small amps. However, the real surprise was that the bass remained deep, strong, and potent. It did not have quite the punch of the 35 watt amplifier, but all the low-end detail remained. Polk recommends a power range for this speaker of 20 to 150 watts, but 4 (high quality) watts worked suprisingly well.
As would be expected of a Polk product, the RT600i is flawlessly finished. The test units have the cherry finish, which is smooth, lustrous, and would fit well with finer furnishings. This speaker has a very high WAF (wife acceptance factor) due to its modest size, simple, attractive appearance, and fine finish.
While the RT600i speaker is generally quite forgiving of placement, there is one place it does not work well - this loudspeaker should never be placed against a wall or in a corner. When placed too close to wall or corner the strong, deep bass becomes boomy and overpowering, distracting the listener from the music.
Moving the speaker only 25cm away from the wall was enough to prevent most boominess; 50cm was even better. In all fairness, most speakers do not sound their best when placed too close to a wall, but the RT600i, with its bottom-firing port, seems a bit more critical than many other speakers in this regard.
Polk has created a loudspeaker that is at once clean and natural sounding, detailed without being overbearing, and very user-friendly. Speaker positioning is always important, but this speaker is very forgiving of placement, provided it isn't placed against a wall. Not only is the RT600i an excellent sounding speaker, it is practical choice.
It is practical not only because it is moderately-priced, it is also practical because it is modestly-sized. With less than one square foot of base area per speaker, they are easy to place in almost any listening area.
The RT600i loudspeakers fill a room with rich sound that belies their low price. While Polk has been aiming much of their effort at the home theater market, it is gratifying to know that they have not forsaken their audiophile roots, especially with speakers as affordable as the RT600i.
A pair of RT600i loudspeakers would serve equally well as main speakers in a home theater system, or as only speakers in a hi-fi stereo. This is not a budget speaker at a moderate price. This is an excellent and satisfying loudspeaker, both in terms of sound quality and aesthetic appeal, and it is available for a very modest price.
We can only hope that Polk's ploy to produce good sound quality will be rewarded by consumers. This is one test component that surely will be missed after it is returned to the manufacturer!
Real wood. Real high performance.
Designed for superior home theater and music performance, the RT600i raises the bar by delivering the audiophile sophistication, detail and accuracy of a floor-standing, wood finished speaker at a cost way below that of the lunatic fringe brands.
· Delivers superior home theater and music performance
· High efficiency assures great performance even with low power receivers
· Composite Dynamic Balance Driver Cone for wide response and low distortion
· Dynamic Balance Tri-Laminate Tweeter technology, with vapor deposited micro-layers of stainless steel and aluminum for clear, detailed highs
· Available in three natural wood finishes, standard at no extra cost: choose from Maple, Cherry and Black Oak
· A patented Power Port, with downward-firing port, brings you surprisingly powerful, low distortion bass
· Smooth, natural midrange reproduction thanks to patented Acoustic Resonance Control technology
· Magnetically shielded for safe placement next to your TV without picture interference
· Anti-diffraction raised driver bezel minimizes grille diffraction for open, spacious and three dimensional imaging
· Slim tower design conserves floor space, the RT600i occupies less than 1 square foot
· Gold-plated 5-way binding post inputs for the most secure wire connections
· Adjustable leveling feet/carpet spikes for the ultimate stability on any type of floor
· Wood at Vinyl prices - The first thing you'll notice about the RTi Series is their luxurious real wood finishes: beautiful light Maple, inviting Cherry, and serious Black Oak. What will really surprise you, though, is that you won't pay a premium for these distinctive real wood finishes. Our in-house computer controlled woodworking factory, we can offer these rich finishes at prices you'd normally pay for vinyl.
· After the look, there's the sound. Just like the legendary RT Series before them, the RTi Series fit the bill whether you're looking for excellent home theater speakers or truly exceptional and musical speakers (because we all know that home theater speakers really have to do a lot more than just provide good movie sound). These RTi Series speakers have the dynamic range and powerful bass response you want for extraordinary home theater sound, and the clarity, spacious imaging and smooth response necessary to make everything from the latest techno-grunge rock, to your favorite recording of "Don Giovanni" sound simply fantastic.
Diameter 1" (2.54cm)
Type Dynamic Balance� Tri-laminate dome tweeter, shielded
Mid / Woofer
Diameter 6 1/2" (16.51cm)
Type Dynamic Balance� driver, shielded
Total Frequency Response 30Hz - 26kHz
Upper -3dB Limit 25 kHz
Lower -3dB Limit 45 Hz
Nominal Impedance 8 ohms
Efficiency 90 dB
Recommended Amplifier Power 20 - 150 watts per channel
Inputs Gold-plated 5-way binding posts
Height 38 3/8" (97.47cm)
Width 8" (20.32cm)
Depth 10 1/2" (26.67cm)
Width 9 1/8" (23.18cm)
Depth 11 1/8" (28.26cm)
I am around days, nights, weekends usually...... just let me know when..... I am near Rim Park Eastbridge area of Waterloo.
Also I travel each week to Bronte, Oakville, Burlington ON.
I can get this to a pick up location there for your convenience if that helps. Very close...just 4 minutes off QEW & Bronte Rd. Exit.
Look forward to hearing from you.