|Address||Peterborough, ON K9H5V3
|Start Time||19:00 to 21:00|
|Event Type||Other Events|
Attention mamas-to-be! Do you...
- want to avoid saying "why did no one tell me that when I was pregnant?"
- want to prevent or resolve pelvic floor issues that are common in pregnancy but shouldn't be considered 'your new normal'? (leaking with cough/sneeze/exercise, pelvic pain, pubic symphysis dysfunction, low back pain)?
- want to have an empowered, positive and informed birth?
Join Anita Lambert, pelvic floor physiotherapist, who will empower you with valuable information you won't learn in other prenatal classes. Regardless of whether you're having a vaginal or cesarean birth - this workshop is for you!
Through this workshop, you'll learn:
- Anatomy and pregnancy-related changes to your body and pelvic floor.
- The truth about ‘Kegels’ and why they may not work for you.
- How to identify if you have 'mummy tummy' (aka. ab separation).
- How to prepare your pelvic floor for birth.
- Acupressure for labour (for relaxation, pain management and to help if labour has stalled).
- Hands-on techniques to help alleviate discomfort during labour.
- Optimal labour and delivery positions (benefits for you, your pelvic floor and baby).
- How to use your breath and core during the final stage of labour when baby is ready to arrive.
- How to optimize healing for your pelvic floor, perineum or caesarean scar during the first month post-partum.
Leave this workshop feeling confident of how to care for your body during pregnancy, birth and beyond.
*Bonus Giveaway: one lucky attendee will win some of Anita's top recommended items to help with your recovery during the first month after birth (every mama will wants these)!*
Room 8, Queen Alexandra Community Centre, 180 Barnardo Avenue, Peterborough, Ontario.
Wednesday November 2nd, 7 pm to 9 pm.
$30 (tax included). Contact Stephanie at email@example.com to register or for more information.