|Address||London, ON N6A5C7
Critical illness can strike at any time, and can become a serious concern for us as we age. Recovering from illness is difficult enough without worrying how you and your loved ones are going to pay the bills. Not to mention covering the cost of treatment, travel, and the steep price of many experimental treatments not covered by universal health care.
Here is what Canadians over 50 need to know about Critical Illness Plans:
• Most policies offer eligibility up to the age of 65, though some may offer plans for those up to age 80.
• Critical Illness policies are offered either as a term policy for 10 years, to age 75, or up to age 100.
• What’s covered by a critical illness plan varies by insurance provider, though most cover common conditions such as: cancer, stroke, heart disease, organ failure, and Alzheimer’s.
• These benefits are paid tax free, and may be used for any purpose – from managing health care costs to ensuring your quality of life as you recover.
• Some Critical Illness plans offer a return of premiums option, allowing you to get all your premiums refunded to you in the event you don’t need to make a claim.
We specialize in critical illness insurance for individuals over the age of 50, with plans offering eligibility up to age 85. Our relationship with leading Canadian insurers provides access to a wide range of no medical insurance policies including Guaranteed Issue. With easy underwriting you can be covered in a matter of days. Apply for a quote and discover your options.