- On Kijiji since April 2013
- View poster's other Ads
|Address||2263 Dumfries Rd, Cambridge, ON N1R 5S3, Canada
|Job Offered By||Professional Employer|
|Company||Eastern Wood Preservers LP|
|Veteran Friendly Learn More|
Eastern Wood Preservers LP, a wood treating plant, is part of the CanWel Treating Division, which is under the CanWel Building Materials Group Ltd.
Reporting to the Yard Supervisor, the Treater is responsible for efficiently and accurately operating the treating cylinders and other equipment to chemically treat wood products.
• Ensure treating plant area is well maintained and equipment is in good working order
• Report any safety or maintenance issues to Management in a timely manner
• Adhere to all work safety rules and regulations
• Complete Treating Charges based on pre-determined guidelines
• Confirm Charges are properly tallied and recorded both on paper data sheets and computer systems
• Accurately tag and complete charge sheets
• Ensure accuracy of all tallies and all loads by performing quality control checks
• Inspect all loads for damage
• Work closely with night shift supervisor to ensure daily production goals are achieved
• Load and unload infeed and outfeed to the staging area
• Assist in other production areas as required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Attention to detail when preparing documentation
• Solid computer skills combined with the ability to troubleshoot programming issues
• Mechanical aptitude and ability to use hand tools
• Good knowledge of optimum loading and staging practices
• Must have own steel-toed boots
• Capable to lift up to 50 pounds regularly during a shift
• Ability to stand and walk around the plant for the majority of a shift
• Basic math skills – a numerical assessment is required to be taken by all potential candidates
• Forklift certification is an asset
• High school graduation
HOURS OF WORK
• Monday to Thursday
• Shift time: 4:00 pm – 3:30 am
Note: Hours may change due to operational requirements.
• 2263 Dumfries Road, Cambridge, ON N1R 5S3.
• Must have own transportation.
Please reply with your resume in MS Word format quoting:
Reference Number: EWP-ON-CAM-147-241016
in the subject line.
CanWel welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada without sponsorship.
We thank you for your interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.